PDA

View Full Version : Imaging Control Exception with DBK 23G618

JamesF
June 19, 2012, 06:51:31
Hi All,

I have been using Imaging Control 3.2 happily with the DBK 21BG618 for some time now, and I am trialing a DBK 23G618 as an 'upgrade'. I have found several differences with this camera, like the BY8 format now being called RGB32, but these are not problems.

The main problem I have is that I seem to get this exception when I try to startlive again after not correctly halting the camera previously. To remedy the situation I have to power-cycle the camera.

I realize its not ideal that I am not correctly halting the camera operation, but it is something that happens pretty often when you are developing a complicated bit of software, and it has never been a problem with the DBK 21BG618. I keep encountering this problem with a piece of code where I am trying to set up a GrabberListener::eFRAMEREADY which I can't seem to get working either (again works fine with the DBK 21).

Is this a problem that might be addressed in a future version of the software or is it likely I am doing something very wrong?

Stefan Geissler
June 19, 2012, 09:20:18
Hi,

The Dxx 23G needs some time to recognize, that nobody wants the image stream anymore. Then it stops on its own. I suppose, your disconnect was simply faster.

Regarding the not called frameready: I would like to know, which video format is used in the camera and which pixelformat is used in the sink.
For the first step, I would like you use the RGB formats or Y800 as video format and anything else in the sink. I am not sure, but the Y16 format causes DirectShow to react in a different way, so the frameready is not called. The GUID for the Y16 video format in the sink, in case you use it, is "20363159-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71"

JamesF
June 20, 2012, 01:30:06
Hi Stefan,

I have gotten the callback working with RGB32 as the format and the sink type thanks.

I am still having the problem with the Dxx 23G not forgetting the stream like you say. I have waited 5 minutes and it still will not let me start live again! It is basically instant with the Dxx 21BG. When the camera is in this state it will not work in IC Capture either. The camera firmware is Rev 307, Hardware Rev 4 if that helps.

JamesF
June 20, 2012, 02:34:31
Actually it does eventually start working again, but it takes a very long time, longer than 10 minutes at the very least. Could this be a bug in the firmware?

Stefan Geissler
June 20, 2012, 09:06:13
Hi

Please create a request at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/support/case/ we can update the firmware. Do not forget to let me know the serial number of the camera.