PDA

View Full Version : Hot/stuck/dead pixels DBK618

asimov
May 14, 2012, 22:24:17
I've owned my DBK21AU618.AS for just on 8 months now & it has just developed it's 4th (I think dead) pixel. This last one is not in a good spot, & I could avoid the other 3 with even a big planet disc like Jupiter but this last dead pixel will make that rather hard to avoid.

I have contacted the reseller here in Australia, who is referring this onto TIS of course but I'm wondering WHY this camera is developing these dead pixel at a fairly alarming rate. When I received it new, it already had one which I wasn't happy about, let alone 4 of them.

My old DBK21AU04.AS only has one & it's 4 years old..

:-(

Stefan Geissler
May 15, 2012, 09:09:21
Hello Asimov,

The bad pixels are bad. First of all, the first dead pixel you had on the new camera was as reason to exchange the camera. For the other growing up pixels I have no good explanation right now. The sensors are made by Sony and when we assemble the cameras, we sort the ones with dead pixels out. Unfortunately sensors grow older an can get new dead or hot pixels. We can not predict this, when the camera is assembled. Also we have no statistics about the 618 sensor growing new dead or hot pixels.

I would like you to ask your reseller to go in contact for repair or exchange of the camera with TIS Taiwan, who is responsible for him. I am in Europe. May colleagues there will decide, what to do.

asimov
May 17, 2012, 01:20:16
Hello Stefan.

Yes, I wanted it exchanged the moment the new camera was out of it's box & I saw the dead pixel. I notified the reseller within hours & he assured me it was a common thing to happen with the new, more sensitive camera's, so I did not push it. Personally I'm thinking a possible bad batch of sensors from Sony but I am no expert..

Will forward your message onto the reseller Stefan, thanks. Hope to have this sorted (an exchange camera!) with a minimum of fuss.

asimov
May 17, 2012, 03:17:34
Hello again Stefan.

I have informed my reseller what you said, & he then informed me that he has emailed TIS twice with no reply as yet. I assume he notified Head office in Germany...I would have assumed the emails would then get sent to the appropriate TIS section (Taiwan section) from there?

This is not my first faulty camera, so I do know the red tape involved ;-)

Stefan Geissler
May 21, 2012, 09:51:41
Hi Asimov,

Since I do not know who your reseller is, I am not sure, whether I have answered him. However, this morning I asked a reseller to send a camera to us.

asimov
May 22, 2012, 08:44:29
Thanks Stefan. http://www.myastroshop.com.au/ is the camera reseller, & I have had no word except to tell me they (the reseller) has had a reply from TIS & also asked me for my camera serial # on the 17th May.

asimov
May 26, 2012, 04:27:37
Well, I feel like I am being ignored now. No word from the reseller or TIS with a yes or no decision regarding replacement or repair..:-(

Stefan Geissler
May 29, 2012, 12:37:49
Hi Asimov,

I will try to check out, what is going on there.

asimov
May 30, 2012, 12:40:41
Hi Stefan & thankyou, I would certainly appreciate it.

Regards,

John

asimov
June 14, 2012, 00:39:43
Not intended for you personally Stefan but TIS has lost me as a customer for avoiding this subject - It seems they have my money for five TIS cams over the years, but I'm here to tell you there will not be a sixth. All I wanted was a YES or a NO on a replacement/repair but instead I get resounding silence. It's obvious now that it's a NO but all I wanted was an answer. I guess if they wait long enough it'll be out of warranty, is that the train of thought going on here?

Anyway I'm over TIS & this.

Stefan Geissler
June 14, 2012, 08:53:16
Hello,

I am very sorry for this, but I have no influence on the communication of our resellers. I made an email to management, that this reseller should be removed from our list.

Since you seem to be in Australia (I am in Europe), did you go in contact with my Taipei colleagues? My problem is, I can not say to them, there is a customer "asimov", no more data with a dead pixel. Please exchange the sensor board. To be on the save side, I searched my CRM for an email of "asimov", but I got no mail from you.

Therefore, one last try, if you think, you can do this, contact http://www.imagingcontrol.com/support/case/