PDA

View Full Version : detecting DKF 31AF03 - incl Repeater

AlexNoir
May 13, 2012, 21:57:02
Hello,

I admit that I wanted to not really register here. Ideally it would have been me, if everything would have worked. But I'm really desperate now on.

Following situation:

I have a DFK 31AF03 camera. The whole run then via firewire. Since both of my laptops have only one 4-pin connector, I have now bought a repeater. Now I have connected everything, but it comes to nothing. The Repater flashing like crazy, but I do not recognize the camera. Neither the one nor in the other laptop. In the first, is Vista and XP on it at the other. How do I now set at all if the camera receives power at all? I hear nothing. Unfortunately I have no other FireWire device. Is it perhaps in the 3m cable from the laptop Reapeter? Should I buy an Express Card? I do not want to spend so much money.

What can I do?

Please help me.

Alex

Stefan Geissler
May 14, 2012, 09:06:10
Hi,

I suppose you use a 12V power supply to power the camera,right? Laptops do not provide power through FireWire.

You can use either a FireWire hub, that has a power plugin or a cable like this: http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/products/accessories/cables/ca139464pj2/

I did not made good experiences with the Express cards on my own, in fact, I never got one running.