PDA

View Full Version : DFK 21AU04.AS Codecs

Pedro
May 9, 2012, 16:12:41
Hi
I have just got a DFK21AU04.AS and have been doing a dry run before using it for real and I am confused about the Codec setting.
The help file suggests that it is set at LEAD MCMP/MPEG Codec (VFW) but this does not appear in my drop down menu. What should I be selecting in this box? I am using Windows 7 32 bit if that has any significance and will be using Registrax.

Help would be appreciated.

Pedro

Stefan Geissler
May 9, 2012, 17:40:43
Hello

ignore this in the help file. If you are astronomer, then you need uncompressed. A nice tutorial for setting up the AVI capture in IC Capture is at http://www.astronomycameras.com/blog/archive/20080517/colored-raw-data-uncompressed-y800-capture-registax-import/

Pedro
May 10, 2012, 15:07:31
Thanks Stefan for your prompt reply.
The tutorial was useful but the last bit regarding Registax was out of date. The additional options is no longer shown in the latest version. Once loaded into Registax you need to tick the box at the top right which says show prefilter. Then click on the debayer box which pops up and then on GB.
Regards Pedro

Stefan Geissler
May 11, 2012, 10:08:32
Hi Pedro,

thank you for the hint regarding Registax versions. However, the tutorial is more for setting up the camera in IC Capture.