PDA

View Full Version : IC Imaging Control ActiveX 3.2 can not use for other than TIS cameras!?

mano de dios
April 6, 2012, 14:12:51
I used IC Imaging Control ActiveX 3.2 today, then I found out my capture device was not recognized by the ActiveX 3.2. The same capture device was properly recognized by the ActiveX of IC Imaging Control 3.0.

I understand that IC Imaging Control ActiveX 3.2 doesn't support other than TIS cameras. However, this situation means that the ActiveX 3.2 can not be used on other than TIS cameras. Does "NOT SUPPORT" mean "CAN NOT USE"?
If it's not my misunderstanding, I can not control my capture device on 64bit environment by using IC Imaging Control ActiveX.

Is this my misunderstanding, or intentional implementation by Imaging Source?

Stefan Geissler
April 10, 2012, 10:09:55
The current ActiveX will not be developed as the .NET component. The only difference to the 3.0 version is the binning support for the DFK 72AUC02 camera model. There are no changes for other third party cameras. Therefore, I suggest to stay at 3.0.

"NOT SUPPORT" means "CAN NOT USE".

The 3.0 version will run in a 32 bit application in an 64 bit Windows version. I think, it is a good idea to use the .NET component of IC, if you write new 64 bit programs.

Is this my misunderstanding, or intentional implementation by Imaging Source?

This is no misunderstanding, since we wanted to end the ActiveX development since some years ago. It is alive only because it is needed for LabVIEW.