PDA

View Full Version : Browser-based solution for reading pixel color on screen from IP camera real-time

roricka
April 5, 2012, 07:05:25
I need to determine when a light flashes when all that's available is a video stream of that light -- coming in from an IP camera. I am not a video engineer! I'm thinking that basically I need a pretty fast way to read the color of a pixel at location X-Y on my screen. Is this possible? Is there any graphics card hardware out there that already provides an API for this kind of thing?

I imagine more than just javascript will be required, but there's no time for postback to the server, right? (I'm hoping to do this with PHP or C#). How can this be accomplished on the client browser?? Do I need a java application? Does anyone know of a solution here? Do I need a special graphics card? The camera is interfaced to a PC running XP Pro but other hardware could be used if necessary.

Thanks very much for any assistance.

roricka

Stefan Geissler
April 5, 2012, 08:55:28
Hello,

I do not think, it is possible to access windows of other programs or controls by Java Script from within a running browser. I think, this breaks all security rules of browsers.

You better create an own client program, that captures and analyses the video stream directly and send the found data to your server.