PDA

View Full Version : Help on Basic Solar imaging

ccsscMike
April 4, 2012, 13:32:46
Hi group!

I have three DBK 41AF02.AS "cubes" as I like to call them, and I have been trying to image the sun for a while now and do not seem to be getting anywhere. I think I am missing a major step because I have seen the gorgeous images taken with these cameras and similar setups.

Here are the details of my setup and settings and would LOVE anyone to comment on where I can improve.

Scope: Tele[vue Pronto 70mm w/ Coronado SolarMax 60mm Ha
Camera: DBK 41AF02.AS

Images are normally taken with a WIN 7 64 bit and IC CaptureAS

Settings in IC are BY8 Color Format
Gain: As low as possible
Brightness: Middle of slider
Gamma: Mid-way
and exposure as needed.

we can normally focus the image (at least close I think) because at the correct setting of exposure we can get prominence features. Surface detail however is elusive.

I have attached an Image taken yesterday in good seeing with Astro IIDC and gives a good representation of our view. (I know the JPG reduces the quality a bit, but this is about what we see)

Now here is what we would really like to do, I know that will will not get stellar images without stacking, but our goal is to be able to webcast our images live (one every 5-30 seconds) So, what settings are other users using to get the best possible live image from their cameras?

Any idea, help suggestions or comments are most certainly welcome!

thanks!

Stefan Geissler
April 4, 2012, 13:53:36
Hello,

You may have a look at http://www.iceinspace.com.au/63-671-0-0-1-0.html
I think this is a good starting point. There are many more guides on this website.

ccsscMike
April 4, 2012, 14:11:31
Awesome! Thank you!