PDA

View Full Version : DBK21AU618 and Color setting (image too red??) ?

Yoda Grenoblois
March 15, 2012, 08:56:48
Hello,

I have a DBK21AU618 which I use with an IR/UV Baader filter, ICCapture and Registax (same setup than my DMK41).
But I have a color problem with the DBK :
- if I record the video directly in color with ICCapture, with Debayer option GB, the image is really too red. A white wall appears a red wall.
- It's similar if I record from IC Capture using Y800 mode and so without "debayer" option, and then I make "debayer" operation in Registxa v6. The images are also too red !

On the sky, for example, on Mars, the image is really too red, but on the Moon, no significant problem with the color aspect of the images.

What is the problem ? How must I choose the color settings ?(white balance ??)

Thanks,
Olivier

Stefan Geissler
March 15, 2012, 09:08:30
Hi Olivier,

Your DBK has no IR cut filter like the DFK has, therefore, this camera is much more red sensitive, than the DFK and the image looks red / brown.

You may add an IR cut filter to your telescope.

Yoda Grenoblois
March 15, 2012, 09:28:04
I use Baader IR/UV blocking filter => not ok with DBK ?

Stefan Geissler
March 15, 2012, 11:58:27
It should be ok. I had a look on its specifications.

Kevin Kilburn
April 8, 2012, 15:50:07
Same problem with mine. Mars way too red. I was advised to adjust white balance to red=18, blue =58 but colors still dont look correct. I bought my DBK618 to investigate lunar surface colour but can get better results with a cheap Philips SPC900NC webcam.

What is the optimum white balance for sunlit lunar and planetary imaging?

asimov
April 23, 2012, 18:16:29
Try R=0-6 & B=67-76 for Mars. I use the Baader IR/UV cut & have done on all cams for 7 years. Saturn & Jupiter is perfectly balanced when you line up R & B sliders with G when previewing in colour or Y800 debayered mode.