PDA

View Full Version : DBK 31AU03.AS missing color

jim v
March 12, 2012, 04:30:56
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and new to the Imaging Source cameras; mine is a DBK 31AU03.AS.

I too am not able to see color when processing the video in RegiStax 6. I read http://www.astronomycameras.com/blog/archive/20080517/colored-raw-data-uncompressed-y800-capture-registax-import/.

Attached are 3 screen captures that show my configuration for both IC Capture and RegiStax.

I do not see color in the live feed to IC Capture when configured as depicted in the attached screen capture.

Also, I choose No at the RegiStax prompt to process in B/W.

I would be grateful for some pointers on what I'm doing incorrectly.

Thanks,
-- jim

Stefan Geissler
March 12, 2012, 11:19:07
Hi

I checked the camera production data to make sure, a color sensor is built it. This is the case.
Also your IC Capture settings are correct.
About Registax 6 I am not sure, but it looks ok to me.

The scene you photographed contained some colorful elements?

I can not see the Bayer pattern on the IC Capture screen shot, because it was resized and the JPEG compression destroys the pattern on the screen shot too. Therefore, it is hard to analyze the IC Capture screen shot.

I suggest to try a scene, that contains nice red, blue, green or what ever colors.

jim v
March 12, 2012, 15:10:48
Hi

I checked the camera production data to make sure, a color sensor is built it. This is the case.
Also your IC Capture settings are correct.
About Registax 6 I am not sure, but it looks ok to me.

The scene you photographed contained some colorful elements?

I can not see the Bayer pattern on the IC Capture screen shot, because it was resized and the JPEG compression destroys the pattern on the screen shot too. Therefore, it is hard to analyze the IC Capture screen shot.

I suggest to try a scene, that contains nice red, blue, green or what ever colors.

Thanks, Stefan for your quick response.

It appears there was insufficient light for my test videos yesterday evening; this morning's test view (shot in brighter conditions) did capture color when processed in RegiStax 6.

It is surprising that color is not visible in the IC Capture live feed though. How do I ensure correct color balance when using these (Y800) settings?

Sorry to trouble you with a "user error" on my part.

-- jim v

Stefan Geissler
March 14, 2012, 16:44:49
Jim,

there is no color shown in IC Capture, because IC Capture can display the raw data only, if you want to capture raw data. The white balance has no influence on the raw data, as far as I know.

However, long time ago I made a very simple application, that shows a colored image with reticle and saves raw data. Maybe you are interested in this.

jim v
March 16, 2012, 22:19:55
Thanks Stefan. How/where do I obtain your application? -- jv

Stefan Geissler
March 19, 2012, 10:40:04
Please create a support case at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/support/case/