PDA

View Full Version : Slow DLL Access on some PCs

steve
February 16, 2012, 14:27:42
I added the 'TIS.Imaging.ICImagingControl31' assembly to my C# project references. On my laptop, whenever the program accesses any of the members of TIS.Imaging there is a long delay (~5 seconds) before it returns from a call or lets me read a field. However, on my desktop computer there is no such delay. My desktop is Win7 pro, and the laptop is Win7 home premium. Both are 64 bit. I've removed and re-added the assembly a couple of times, and that hasn't helped. Any ideas?

Stefan Geissler
February 17, 2012, 08:55:06
Hello Steve,

First of all sorry for the late approvement of your post.

In common, there should be no delay. I would like to know, whether the delay happens, if no camera is connected.

Do you have a sample field, which takes long to query?

In case your laptop has a webcam, you may disable it in the Device Manager and try again. You may also check, whether there is a file "Ctflt*.sys" used in the camera drivers. This filter driver file can cause tons of trouble.

steve
February 22, 2012, 23:03:41
Hello Steve,

First of all sorry for the late approvement of your post.

In common, there should be no delay. I would like to know, whether the delay happens, if no camera is connected.

Do you have a sample field, which takes long to query?

In case your laptop has a webcam, you may disable it in the Device Manager and try again. You may also check, whether there is a file "Ctflt*.sys" used in the camera drivers. This filter driver file can cause tons of trouble.

I've investigated a bit more, and it seems like the delay is mainly when opening/changing devices and querying/saving the settings (white balance, exposure, etc.) The same delay seems to exist in your IC Capture 2.2 also.

I tried disabling the webcam in device manager, but that didn't stop the delay. I looked for a Ctflt*.sys file and I don't see it anywhere, but I'm not sure where I should be looking.

Stefan Geissler
February 23, 2012, 16:49:00
Hello Steve,

If it runs fine on your desktop computer and slow on your laptop, then you may check, what is different on your laptop. May be a virus scanner or what ever. This is very hard to guess for me.