PDA

View Full Version : solution to compatibility between a port expresscard firewire adapter

AAE457
December 20, 2011, 11:07:29
Hello,

I have tried to use a DFK 41af02 in my laptop using an adpter on the PCMCIA Cardbus, but the Imaging Source softwere does not capture any device, I have already read an old post in this forum talking about this problems, I would like to know if there is any solution.

Thank you

Stefan Geissler
December 20, 2011, 11:11:17
Hi

First of all, if the camera is not powered externally, then you wont see it at all. Laptops usually do not provide power through FireWire.

PCMCIA is the old, wide (bigger than 30mm) width model. This should work, in opposite to some Express card models.

Stefan Geissler
December 20, 2011, 11:12:25
Do you have an express card or a PCMCIA card? This is a difference. I did not found a working express card until now.

AAE457
January 9, 2012, 11:41:10
Hi,
Thanks for your replays,

The laptop has a PCMICIA (54mm wide), but I use a 2 port ExpressCard (34mm) and an adapter from PCMCIA to EXPRESSCARD.

Do you think that the cameras would be recognized by the software using the card with the code CBI/1394o1/Mainy/EU, that is described in http://www.theimagingsource.com/downloads/fwacccamswopsuwp.en_US.pdf

I have been looking for more information in the web of the imagingsource but I have found nothing about this card

Stefan Geissler
January 10, 2012, 11:47:54
Hello,

Unfortunately I do not know all compatibilities. I know from one laptop model, that does not work work with this PCMCIA board. What laptop do you use?

AAE457
January 10, 2012, 13:29:28
Hi,
I am using a DELL LATITUDE E550

Stefan Geissler
January 10, 2012, 13:46:39
Hi

The laptop has a PCMICIA (54mm wide), but I use a 2 port ExpressCard (34mm) and an adapter from PCMCIA to EXPRESSCARD.

I do not think, that this kind of device works reliable. I never saw this on my own.

I am using a DELL LATITUDE E550

I suppose, a PCMCIA FireWire card should work with this model.

alanpoly
February 15, 2012, 11:50:20
I contain try to utilize a DFK 41af02 in my laptop by means of an adpter on the PCMCIA Cardbus, but the Imaging Source softwere does not capture several device, I have before now read an old post in this forum talking about this problems, I would like to be familiar with if there is any clarification.

Stefan Geissler
February 15, 2012, 14:28:01
Is the camera powered with an external power supply? Laptops do not provide power through FireWire usually.