PDA

View Full Version : DBK21AU04.AS going red

fast Freddie
December 5, 2011, 13:56:18
Hi, Was having a go at imaging Mars earlier. When I started IC capture I would see it as a nice orange/red disc with some darker markings. Within a few seconds though the whole disc would turn a quite bright red colour and all the dark marking details would be lost. The colour changed and it looked over exposed. It made no difference what gain and exposure I used. If I then turned off IC capture, unplugged the camera waited a few secs and then turned it all back on again, the same would happen (i.e nice clear correct colour disc with markings after a few seconds turning almost red with all detail lost) I was using y800/RGB32 with debayer so I could see the colours on screen. Eventually gave up on Mars and had a go at Saturn, I did not get the same issue.

Any ideas why the camera is turning the Mars image red after a few seconds?

Thanks Freddie

Stefan Geissler
December 5, 2011, 14:24:02
Hello Freddie,

I would like to know, whether the same happens with disabled White Balance automatic.

fast Freddie
December 5, 2011, 21:31:52
Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me.

White balance was set to auto, so will try with it turned off next time I'm out. I have had this problem before, but it has stopped after I have disconnected the camera and reconnected. This time however, it always turned red after a few seconds. From what I can remember, this only happens with small objects, Saturn and Jupiter have always been fine.
Thanks
Freddie

fast Freddie
December 10, 2011, 22:20:24
Had another go yesterday. With auto white balance selected it drives the red balance to maximum for some reason. Not using the auto balance solved my problem.
Thanks
Freddie