PDA

View Full Version : Synchronizing two cameras

nancyxt
November 15, 2011, 06:03:18
Hey Everyone !

I am trying to sort my images from gathering a with those of the second photographer and the Capture Time sort filter in Lightroom does not seem to work in combining the two camera's files. i want your usefull suggestions to resolve this issue
regards

Stefan Geissler
November 15, 2011, 10:05:34
The cameras have no internal clock. Therefore the driver sets the current time of the computer into the Media Sample Description (http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/documentation/class/c_structrefstruct_tsMediaSampleDesc.htm)
However, this is not saved into the JPG or BMP files you may use for import in LightRoom.

nancyxt
November 23, 2011, 05:50:24
thanks for your reply stefan buddy , i have follwed that liunk you provided in the post but i was unable to understand this programming will you please elaborate for me or just provide another useful link containing information about it

typedef struct
{
REFERENCE_TIME SampleStart;
REFERENCE_TIME SampleEnd;
DWORD FrameNumber;
tFrameDesc FrameType; // Type of the frame
} tsMediaSampleDesc;

i have copied this code from the link you shared , i think this is C++ code .

Stefan Geissler
November 23, 2011, 15:44:45
You are right, this is C++ code. I posted to this link in the IC Imaging Control Classlibrary documentation, because I guessed you use C++ for programming. I do not know, which programming language you use.

Please understand, that I have absolutely no knowledge about "lightroom". Never used it. Maybe it is a good idea to ask the "lightroom" support about your issue?