PDA

View Full Version : Need alternatives to Process ISM

eplumer
October 31, 2011, 14:58:25
Sorry if this is a duplicate posting ....

Hello all,

I am using DMK41 with a Toshiba R835 Laptop (i5 processor, 6Gb Ram, USB 3 port, Windows 7 Home Premium x64, 2.1.5 version of TIS drivers). I have been having the dreaded "Camera does not deliver images" message. I don't see corrupted frames but the frame-rate often falls off. My real problem is that, when this message occurs, either on initial connect or after a few minutes of streaming, nothing seems to fix the problem short of rebooting and even that is not always a success.

After reading posts here, I tried the Process Idle State Manager. That does seem to cause a marked improvement in behavior. This implies that CPU idle states are the root cause. When using this utiltity, my power usage goes from 10W to 60W. Since this setup is supposed to be for portable, battery powered astronomy away from AC mains, this is a bit of a show-stopper.

Does anyone have suggestions for alternate workarounds or other machine configuration I can try to improve camera connectivity? I don't really mind missed frames or slower frame-rate since I "stack" and average frames anyway. I just need the camera to reliably deliver _some_ images.

Sincerely,

Edward Plumer
Georgetown, TX

Stefan Geissler
October 31, 2011, 16:17:36
Hi,

No problem for the duplicates. In order to protect the forum against spammers, the posts are moderated by the forum admins. Otherwise we will have tons of stupid spam mails in the forum.