PDA

View Full Version : about the C language and the camera DMK 51AG02

spectre
October 18, 2011, 15:37:12
I ordered the camera mentioned above.

Meanwhile,
I have already done the 50% of the work with the "C language" and the opencv library under windows xp(I used a low cost webcam) plus some high res pictures.

Is there the possibility that the camera works with the TWAIN or WDM driver and using directly opencv cvCaptureFromCAM() function as I do with the cheap webcam ?

otherwise I will need to convert the software from C to C++ ,and I prefer to avoid that.

thanks for the reply

best regards

Stefan Geissler
October 18, 2011, 16:15:15
Hello,

the camera comes with a WDM compliant DirectShow driver. If cvCaptureFromCAM() supports WDM/DirectShow devices, then there should be no problem. However, if this function is Video for Windows (oudated since Windows 98, but easy to use) then you may encounter problems with the Y800 video format of the DMK.

Which C Version do you use?

spectre
October 18, 2011, 16:28:01
Hello,

the camera comes with a WDM compliant DirectShow driver. If cvCaptureFromCAM() supports WDM/DirectShow devices, then there should be no problem. However, if this function is Video for Windows (oudated since Windows 98, but easy to use) then you may encounter problems with the Y800 video format of the DMK.

Which C Version do you use?

Dear Mr. Stefan Geissler,

thanks for the fast reply. I'm using the "code::blocks ide" plus "MinGW C compiler 4.4.1-tdm-2"

in the case that I need to switch to c++ (I really hope no for time questions),Can I stay on code blocks + mingw or I need to switch to visual c++ 2010/2011?

best regards

Spectre

Stefan Geissler
October 18, 2011, 16:46:59
ok, I can provide you with a C DLL, that wraps IC Imaging Control classlibrary. You can use it to control the camera and get a pointer to the image data. Using this pointer, you can copy the image data into an OpenCV image or you can pass the pointer to the OpenCV Image structure, which is faster. Please create a support request at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/support/case/