PDA

View Full Version : Error: Timeout Elapsed

alippert
September 28, 2011, 21:25:14
For the past few days something has been occuring with either our software or a camera. We are having to reboot a computer every 3 to 4 hours to resolve the problem for the next 3 to 4 hours. When we look at the logs we see that one of the cameras connected to that computer, a DFK 72BUC02, is throwing multiple timeout elapsed errors and is not capturing any images until the reboot happens. Now I know that when we are calling MemorySnapImage we are setting the timout to 3000ms, but in normal conditions the image is captured well before that time passes. There are multiple cameras connected to this computer and the others all seem ok, it is always related to this one camera. We have since disabled this camera and I am hoping to get a general understanding of things to look at that might actually cause the Timeout Elapsed to occur.

Thank you,

Austin Lippert

Stefan Geissler
September 29, 2011, 15:44:59
Dear Mr. Lippert,

Unfortunately it is very hard to guess, what happens on your computer. We do not know, which computer model you use. We also do not know, which other devices are connected to the computer. Also we do not know anything about the camera settings. Therefore, you will receive a common answer from the FAQ first:
http://www.theimagingsourceforums.com/faq.php?faq=ic_camerahandling#faq_ic_pismusb

Also I would like to know, whether you had a look on the memory. Maybe you run out of memory somewhere. You can check this within the Taskmanager.