PDA

View Full Version : image frozen on DFX21BUC03 camera

londonderry
September 28, 2011, 17:07:15
Hi,

DFX21BUC03 camera is used in my application, and it works pretty well, generally. But if keep the application running for a reasonable long period of times, say 2-3 days, without shutdown, the video will suddenly stop and no more alive image. After image frozen happens, even I shutdown my application, I still be able see the application name displaying at process list in MS task manager, and unable to terminate it from task manager. If I start a new application, the new application can�t detect camera so I have to reboot PC, then everything start to be normal again.

just wondering any idea what causes this? or how can I find out the root causes this?

Michael Kirmse
September 29, 2011, 09:18:48
Hello londonderry,

would you please tell us a bit more about the hardware you use? What kind of PC do you have (CPU / RAM / OS /...)?
Thank you in advance.

londonderry
September 30, 2011, 20:48:33
Hello londonderry,

would you please tell us a bit more about the hardware you use? What kind of PC do you have (CPU / RAM / OS /...)?
Thank you in advance.

Hi Michael,

The application is running on windows xp with SP3, it has Intl dual core E2160@1.8GH, with 1 GB RAM @1.79GHZ.

By the way, application itself is not locked up just no more alive image, and I also checked memory there was no memory leak.

Stefan Geissler
October 4, 2011, 09:07:36
Hello,

In the FAQ of this forum is an article regarding your question: "My USB camera does not sent images
The low frame rate using USB cam" http://www.theimagingsourceforums.com/faq.php?faq=ic_camerahandling#faq_ic_pismusb

I would like you to check this solution on your computer.