PDA

View Full Version : DFG/USB2-lt Default Frame output

gearjammer1
September 26, 2011, 18:09:31
I've connected to this module and getting frame over IC capture at 640x480 which is what I want. However I connect to the video stream via my own C# application using Aforge.net and the frames are arriving at 640x240. Why is this? What is the default frame out for the hardware? Can it be changed? Is IC Capture changing the frame default somehow and can that setting be changed. My other program works fine on other capture cards but I wanted to try this one since it has no external power supply. This question starts as a hardware question but may turn into a software solution so I hope I've posted in the correct topic area.
Thanks

Stefan Geissler
September 27, 2011, 10:16:57
Hello Gearjammer1,

The frame rate is determined by the video norm. PAL-B is 25 Hz, NTSC-M is 29.97 Hz. The frame rate can not be changed.

In your "aforge.net" you must select the video format you want to use, otherwise the first video format in the video format list is used. Also make sure, you have selected the correct video norm of your video source, otherwise you get none or a b/w image only.