PDA

View Full Version : No devices found

carozelli
September 26, 2011, 17:22:36
I've been using DMK 21AU04 usb camera normally but when I plugged in a web cam (necessary to my application) the IC Capture 2.2 software do not find the DMK 21AU04 camera. The dialog box shows "<No devices found>" message. I tried to reinstall driver and software (both downloaded from IC site) and still doesn´t work!
Is there a way to do both DMK 21AU04 and web cam work together?
Thanks!

Stefan Geissler
September 27, 2011, 10:28:01
Hello Carozelli,

The IC Capture version you got with your The Imaging Source camera or downloaded from the web is a standard version for free. That means, it can only detect The Imaging Source manufactured devices.

In the past we had a non free professional version, but we encountered too many problems with badly programmed third party drivers. It took us too much time to write workarounds for these errors. Therefore we stopped the professional version.

carozelli
September 27, 2011, 13:28:20
Hi Stefan!
Thanks for your reply. The problem is that even the imaging source camera is not been detected although the windows has detected both devices...

Stefan Geissler
September 27, 2011, 13:56:27
Hi Carozelli,

I am very sorry, but I misunderstood your request totally.

Well, if both cameras are connected to the same USB controller, then there is not enough power available. The DMK 21AU04 needs the full 500mA of the USB bus. If there is less power, the camera disables itself. I suggest to use an active USB hub and power it with 5V, 1A.

carozelli
September 27, 2011, 14:10:04
Hi Stefan!
I think it's not a power issue... using another component to access the camera, both images from both cameras are displayed.
Sorry about the "poor english"...
Thanks

Stefan Geissler
September 27, 2011, 14:56:10
Then your webcam may causes an error due to device detection of IC Capture. Is it a Creative Labs webcam?

carozelli
September 27, 2011, 15:43:02
No.. it's a microsoft webcam (http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/lifecam-vx-800)

Stefan Geissler
September 27, 2011, 17:33:46
Ok, this seems to be a little bit more complicated, therefore I want to create a debug output of IC Capture. For doing so, please create a support case at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/support/case/ , so I can send the details to you.