PDA

View Full Version : dmk 21 usb device not recognised error

stewartl
September 26, 2011, 10:10:12
I have been using my dmk21 mono for 3-4 years with no problems. Last night the windows xp laptop gave the usb device not recognised error, which i have not had before. I reinstalled ICcapture and the drivers from the web but no joy. I tried 2 different usb cables also. Finally, I installed the software on my windows 7 PC but I receive the same error message. Windows says it has stopped the device (code 43 error). This sounds like a hardware fault? Can the cameras be repaired in UK if this is the case?

Many thanks for your help
Stewart

Stefan Geissler
September 26, 2011, 12:37:03
Hello,

thank you for posting the error code of the Windows Device Manager. This is a little bit helpful, even if the error is new to me and the explanation at MS is not very extensive.

However, the camera is detected as camera and not as "Unknow Device", right?

Did you try the camera on laptops only, or also on a desktop computer?

stewartl
September 26, 2011, 13:47:05
Thanks for the reply Stefan.
I have tried my usual xp laptop that I use for imaging and my home PC (pentium dual core, windows 7). I get the same error:

usb device not recognised

I tried a fresh install on both the laptop and PC but the driver wizard does not find any camera connected:

the wizard did not find any supported devices

in device manager, it comes up under usb devices as 'unknown device'

Stefan Geissler
September 26, 2011, 14:39:30
Hello Stewart,

the correct way for a repair is to contact your local camera dealer. If you have no dealer, because you purchased the camera directly, please generate a support case at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/support/case/

Stefan Geissler
September 26, 2011, 14:40:39
Stewart,

I forgot to ask: Did you install other software in the time between the camera worked and then denied to work?

stewartl
September 26, 2011, 15:43:41
Stefan,
No, it worked fine on Friday night. I shut the laptop down and then started it yesterday evening without any changes in between. the camera initially connected as usual but then after 20 minutes, stopped working before I had a chance to use it. does it sound like a hardware issue that needs repair? are there any diagnostic tests that I can do before sending it away?

Stefan Geissler
September 27, 2011, 10:35:31
Stewart,

This sounds a little bit for a hardware problem. As I wrote before:

the correct way for a repair is to contact your local camera dealer. If you have no dealer, because you purchased the camera directly, please generate a support case at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/support/case/

stewartl
September 27, 2011, 11:06:04
thanks. I will send it back to the dealer