PDA

View Full Version : IC Capture and DBK (USB)

bofh85
September 19, 2011, 21:34:21
Hello, I have bought a DBK a few days ago.

I am using a 2008 iMac with Virtual Box Windows XP SP3 installed. When I am starting IC Capture it says the well knowned error that no images are delivered. I have lowered the frame rate and then Images were send but only with the lowest rate of 3,7 fps.

Also it seems like the colour-cam is detected an coloured image but then is switching to s/w mode within a few seconds.

Do you have any idea why this could be? Could this problem be solved by using the cam directly on a native-installed windows like an installation via BootCamp where Windows is installed directly on the iMac?

Unfortunately I don't have a native Windows-PC because i thought the Cam had to work with a virtualized Windows as well (all my other programs and hardware is working fine this way).

Thank you and best regards

Oliver

Stefan Geissler
September 20, 2011, 10:53:03
Hi Oliver,

I do not know, why the image changes from color to b/w display after a few seconds. If the image is b/w, do you see a little checker board pattern?

Which video format do you use?

The camera provides an uncompressed video stream, therefore it needs the full bandwidth and performance of the USB bus and controller. In virtual systems this often is not guaranteed, therefore it comes to unwanted side effects.

Also I have no experiences with Bootcamp, thus I can give no advise for this.