PDA

View Full Version : Slow Frame rate LabVIEW USB camera

MareSloCam
September 7, 2011, 09:03:35
Hello,

I am using USB camera DMK 22BUC03.

A month ago i did not have any problems with it, but after I format the computer the problems started.

I have LV 2010 and Vision modul instaled + ICLabVIEW Extension.

If I connect the camera and i run the .vi file the frame rate in image.imaq is about 1 fps.

One other computers where i have the same programs installed, there is no problems and the .vi file is working great.

The operating system is XP sp2. USB port is 2.0. Imaging Source camera USB driver is installed.

What would be the problem ?

Best regards,

Marko

Stefan Geissler
September 7, 2011, 09:46:19
Hello Marko,

If you set up the computer again, please make sure, you installed all necessary driver for your main board. Otherwise, the computer can slow down extremely.

MareSloCam
September 7, 2011, 10:45:29
All drivers are installed. Even in MAX the camera is running OK. Only when I get to LabVIEW te frame rate si down to about 1 fps.

?

Stefan Geissler
September 7, 2011, 11:58:07
Marko,

In this case, please check the camera settings. Which driver do you use? In case you use the IMAQdx, you may ask National Instruments.

MareSloCam
September 7, 2011, 13:25:43
While working on a project 4 months back I was working with the same camera and the same application for image acquisition.

Back then and now i cant see witch driver I am using in MAX. I can see it and chose it with a FireWire camera but not with a USB camera. I
think because USB uses DirectShow software.

Back then I could only get 30 fps in MAX and then with IC Imaging Control 3.0 76 fps in LabVIEW application.

Today I can still get 30 fps in MAX but only about 1-2 fps in LV application with IC Imaging Control 3.0-

?

Best regards,

Marko

Stefan Geissler
September 7, 2011, 16:01:30
Hi Marko,

There is a big difference using Max and IC Imaging Control LabVIEW Extension. Therefore, you can only compare the camera behavior in IC Capture and in LabVIEW using the IC LabVIEW extension.

Also I can only guess, what you changed, since I do not know your application and the camera settings.

- check exposure time set by your VI
- check frame rate set by you VI

These are the properties, that have influence on the camera frame rate.

Maybe it is a good idea, to create a very simple new vi or use on

Stefan Geissler
September 7, 2011, 16:05:52
(FireFox crashes on my computer all the time, therefore the sentence was not finished)

Maybe it is a good idea, to create a very simple new vi or use one of the samples to see how they behave.

Unfortunately I can not guess, what changed in your VI, but there will nothing change on its own.

MareSloCam
September 9, 2011, 08:31:21
in IC Capture the camera is working fine.

Stefan Geissler
September 9, 2011, 09:14:03
Hello Marko,

then the problem is located in your VI. I do not know, what you VI does. Therefore, it is hard for me to guess the reason, why the frame rate is slow in your VI only.

I already gave some hints, where to search for the reason. Did you follow them?

In case you do not want to publish any details of your VI in the forum, you can create a support case at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/case/