PDA

View Full Version : Losing live images at 60 fps

europa man
August 10, 2011, 17:43:25
Hi Hope someone can help, ive just purchased the DMK 21AU618.AS Camera. After installing software and USB driver, i opened IC capture, but there was no live stream happening. I eventually figured out. if i changed the frames per second setting to 30 fps or lower. the camera output Fine. As soon as i click 60 fps. each and everytime. the live output from the camera, Stops. Now with just a Black Screen. with no live feed. I tried my old DMK 21AF04 firewire and no problem there, but as soon as i try again with the new camera, it will not produce live images at 60 fps. Does this sound like a faulty camera, or some kind of usb problem running at 60 fps. Thank you for any help. I may have to send the camera back i fear.

Michael Kirmse
August 11, 2011, 08:41:32
Dear europa man,

I would like to know what kind of computer you use. This may be a performance issue with your USB controller.

Michael Kirmse
August 11, 2011, 08:47:40
One thing you may try first, is to install the Processor Idle State Manager from http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/support/downloads/ this may fix your problem.

europa man
August 11, 2011, 09:31:45
Hi Michieal its not a laptop its pc tower, 750 GB hardrive 4 GB ram HP pavillion, This shouldnt be a performance issue with my usb controller surely ? Reall i have no idea though. could it be that ?

Michael Kirmse
August 11, 2011, 10:43:28
One thing you may try first, is to install the Processor Idle State Manager from http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/support/downloads/ this may fix your problem.

Have you tried this?

europa man
August 11, 2011, 12:18:03
Ye micheal ive tried this ? Do you work for the company Micheal ? ot are you a customer ?
Thank you for your help

europa man
August 11, 2011, 12:27:33
Also this doesnt happen when i push record. i lose the live feed as soon as i change to 60 FPS that cant be right, as i havent pushed record yet ?
My pc is a vista 64 bit, with 750 GB hardrive 4 GB RAM using AMD Phenom 8450 triple core processor 210ghz
Idle manager has not worked

Michael Kirmse
August 11, 2011, 14:38:48
There are some performance issues with the AMD mainboard chipsets. A PCI or PCI express USB card may solve your problem.

europa man
August 11, 2011, 18:24:31
Hi Micheal
This doesnt appear to be a performance issue i dont think. The specs of my computer may cause capture problems at different frame rates. lots of people are experiancing that. but this issue appears different, in that just highlight a setting is causing the camera to crash.

If it was a performance issue i would expect this to be happening after recording has started, i could be wrong. But any performance issues ive ever had, have always been after recording started. not highlighting settings ?? this seems more like a camera software bug again i could be wrong. my computer will run at 60 fps in firewire. Though i realize this is usb2. Still i think i should be able to highlight 60 fps on the IC capture tab. without the camera crashing ? its very odd

Michael Kirmse
August 12, 2011, 08:50:51
Hello europa man,
now its getting a bit technical. The problem you encounter is that the southbridge chips used by AMD have some power state and performance issues. To work around this problem, you can use a USB2 (or USB3) PCI or PCIe card which won't communicate over the southbridge and thus they should not have this problem. Do you have an USB card to test this?

europa man
August 12, 2011, 09:43:29
Hi Micheal No i do not have a usb card, how much will it cost to install this. i have no computer skills.

Michael Kirmse
August 12, 2011, 10:49:56
I would recommend a USB3 card like this http://www.alternate.de/html/product/Transcend/TS-PDU3/547084/? which is about 12€.

europa man
August 12, 2011, 11:08:32
Ok thanks for all the help Micheal much appreciated