PDA

View Full Version : Home of the TIS Ascom Driver is updated

Schnaejel
July 25, 2011, 18:11:02
Hi Folks,

you can find the actual TIS ASCOM Driver on my website
www.deepsky-online.com

Please find the TIS ASCOM Menu Item in the floating menu on the right.

Scrolling is done by clicking in to the content pane and than using the mouse wheel
or the one finger method on touch devices.

The site will be updated. Also you can find all old driver releases at the end
of the week.

Further I will spent some more How-To till the end of the week:
-> Using the TIS ASCOM Driver with PHD Guiding.

Kind regards,

Gerrit

dherd
August 13, 2011, 11:09:42
Hi Gerrit,

I could not completely install. There was an "internal error: can not expand "pf64" constant on this version of Windows".
Any help?

Best regards,
DHerd

Schnaejel
August 15, 2011, 19:30:18
Hi,

yes, indeed. I prepared a 32 Bit Version of the installation routine. Please use this link:

http://www.deepsky-online.com/download/TISAstroCamV2.0Setup32.exe

Subframing should alos work now in YGx Mode. But not in Y800 Mode

Kind regards,

Gerrit

Schnaejel
August 16, 2011, 10:18:58
The initial installation routine is now updated and should work on both 32 bit and 64 bit systems.
Testing was done actually.

You can find it on my website.

Kind regards,
Gerrit

cfaranda2
January 12, 2012, 18:54:12
I get an error about missing dlls when trying to run on Win7 64. Is there a fix?

Thanks.

Stefan Geissler
January 13, 2012, 08:37:13
Unfortunately, I forgot, what I did last time. However, the Ascom driver has a program author. He is responsible for his product. It is not me. Please ask him.

Schnaejel
February 18, 2012, 20:59:28
Hi,

in the past, issues in this forum have been forwarded by mail to me. So I could go into bugfixing.
This has changed. Thus I could not be aware, if problems with the driver occure.

I am sorry for that.

The driver will still exist and bug fixing goes on, if I have the time. And actually I learned,
the the notifications on postings regarding the ASCOM driver does not work anymore.

It would be nice, if this will be working again.

Kind regards,

Gerrit

Mathieu SENEGAS
June 5, 2012, 01:27:03
Dear,
I get some crash with software that use this driver and Gige cameras. I will receive a new camera in few days, and I hope that will work...
I really ask to TIS to support developpement of this driver because many and many astronomers want to use it and there are some bugs and I understand that author cannot support any new camera / fonction that will appear...
I don't know how ASCOM driver works... Is always software that is bad when this driver couldn't work / apply crash ?
These days that is with Orion Steadystar software... if any of you get information.
Best regards.

Stefan Geissler
June 5, 2012, 09:50:08
Hello

The ASCOM driver is third party. It is not a product of The Imaging Source and was not developed by The Imaging Source. We do not have the sources of it, so we can not built it. But the Author got the cameras already.

Schnaejel
June 11, 2012, 05:59:17
Hi *,

first of all, this forum is very slow. The notification about this issue arrives today!!

Regards,

Gerrit

Schnaejel
June 11, 2012, 06:04:45
Dear,
I get some crash with software that use this driver and Gige cameras. I will receive a new camera in few days, and I hope that will work...
I really ask to TIS to support developpement of this driver because many and many astronomers want to use it and there are some bugs and I understand that author cannot support any new camera / fonction that will appear...
I don't know how ASCOM driver works... Is always software that is bad when this driver couldn't work / apply crash ?
These days that is with Orion Steadystar software... if any of you get information.
Best regards.

Hi Mathieu,

please give me some hints about the error:

The camera used
Environment (OS, ASCOM-Version)
The Error Message reported by the driver

What are the requirements for Orion Steady Software?
Environment (OS, ASCOM-Version)

Actually I port the driver to ASCOM 6. But it will no longer be free, since there is many effort to test the driver in the different Environments even as Win8 will arrive this year.

But perhaps there is a work arround to help you with your issue.
Kind regards,

Gerrit