PDA

View Full Version : GigE Camera with Embedded System connectivity problem

sethupathy
June 29, 2011, 11:32:17
Hi,

Problem i have embedded system with GigE camera model DMK 21BG04.H, its not connected, GigE configuration Screen also not display.

My Systems Configuration

1.6Ghz Processor 1 GB RAM, marvell yukon 88e8053 pci-e gigabit ethernet

What can i do for get the camera live?

Thanks and Regards
Sethupathy

Stefan Geissler
June 30, 2011, 09:15:18
Hello,

Does the green LED on the camera light up? Does the yellow LED on the camera blink? If not, then there is absolutely connection and you may check, wether the network adapter works at all.

sethupathy
June 30, 2011, 13:33:54
Hi Stefan,

It is red and Yellow LEDs are glowing; now GigE IP config screen is displaying , but device not connecting.

the samething is working in normal PC, but Embedded PC only having problem.

Regards
Sethu

Stefan Geissler
June 30, 2011, 14:02:47
Hello,

If the green LED does not lit, then you have no GigE connection. However, I was not aware, that there is a red LED. This sounds for me for an extreme problem..

You may check the camera on a normal computer. If the camera runs on this computer, then your special board seems to be defective.

sethupathy
July 4, 2011, 11:31:29
Hello,

The same GigE is working fine with Normal pc. but if i connect embedded PC its not working.

Finally i reinstalled OS. after that camera got connect, and IP number and camera name all are showing correctly, but if i open with IC capture,Live is not comming.

then i checked with USB Camera, it is working fine.

Regards
Sethu

Stefan Geissler
July 4, 2011, 12:14:58
Hello,

Please check the TCP/IP setting of the network board and the camera. Please post the settings.

Lakshitha
June 29, 2013, 21:10:01
Hi,
I have more or less the same question. I purchased your DFK 23G445 camera. I installed the device driver as well and tried to connect the camera to my laptop but I could not mange to do it. I also installed 'IC Capture' as well but it also can not identify the device.

In my case, my laptop only has a fast ethernet NIC card. When I connect the device through the network cable, only the orange LED in the camera's RJ45 port blinks. After some time, when the connection is set, that LED stops blinking and stays 'ON'.

Would be glad if you could help me to solve the issue.
Also, want to know the cable type (crossover or straight) needed for this. Or is it okay to use any type of cable?
I am now using a cat 5 straight cable. Is it OK for this application?

Hoping for an early reply.
Thanks in advance.

Stefan Geissler
July 1, 2013, 12:24:49
Hello,

if you use a 100mBit network controller only, the you need a cross over cable.

If the camera is shown in the GigE Camera Config Program, then you can try to get an image from it. But you should not use IC Capture, because IC Capture will try to set the highest frame rate of the camera. Since this amount of data can not be handled by 100mBit network, the camera will immediately disconnect.
You may try to install the IC Imaging Control SDK and use the Sample Demo Application. It allows to set a frame rate, before the video is startet. I suppose, the lowest frame, 3.75 fps, will work only. But I am not sure, that the camera will work on 100mBit network at all.

The SDK can be downloaded from http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/support/downloads/, see at IC Imaging Control .NET Component, C++ Class Library [18.56 MB]