PDA

View Full Version : DFK 21 AU04.AS Debayer problems

catsrool5
June 20, 2011, 22:36:29
hi all iv had my DFK for a couple of months now, brilliant camera much better than the old web-cam i was using beforehand couldn't recommend it more

but one thing still eludes me ... the debayer ! shooting in the Y800 format so i can get 60fps is brilliant but i can never get the colour back.. or if i do i get the dreaded checked patten.

if i go to device, debayer and enable it whatever algorithm i use it appears on screen in full colour without the checked patten brilliant ! but no matter what i do with it afterwords i can never get the colour back in say registax debayer so I'm left with a checker patten free but monochrome image

on the other hand if i don't enable the debayer in the IC capture then when i debayer it in registax it appears in colour but with the checkerd pattern

hope you can shed some light and hopefully, some colour ;-) thanks

Stefan Geissler
June 21, 2011, 09:37:55
Hi,

This is shown in the FAQ: http://www.theimagingsourceforums.com/faq.php?faq=ic_camerahandling#faq_ic_dmkregistax

However, I suppose you do not use uncompressed Y800 as codec. You also must not enable debayering in IC Capture for AVI capture. The video format must be Y800, Debayer turned off, uncompressed Y800 as codec.

catsrool5
June 21, 2011, 16:21:18
hmm iv attached a example of what i mean its zoomed in yes but that is the patten I'm still seeing it was shot with the debayer not enabled in IC capture and in the uncompressed Y800 format,

the patten does disappear in the file stacked image but if i try to drizzle it or sharpen it at all it appears the image, iv attached was sharpened and drizzled but its still there even when following the FAQ to the letter..?

Dan

Stefan Geissler
June 22, 2011, 10:29:48
Dan,

you must not change or calculate on the raw data, because this destroys the raw data information. You must debayer first and then you can start your image processings.

catsrool5
June 23, 2011, 00:59:26
but that was after stacking it.... i must me missing something here i shoot in IC capture in the y800 format uncompressed without the debayer on in IC capture, then i load the file strait into registax, go to prefilter and select debayer, GB

your right the patten does go away in the single frames after debayer and in the stacked image it isn't there but when i try to sharpen it or say drizzle it it appears....

thanks for your help so far stefan !

Stefan Geissler
June 23, 2011, 10:26:35
Hello,

The pattern you see may is caused by the resizing of the image in your viewer. I would like to see the image in original size uncompressed as BMP file, if possible.

catsrool5
June 23, 2011, 13:20:52
it looks like i owe you an apology ! i stacked some old images for that mosaic debayering them and doing nothing more and iit came out without the patten, which has happened before so i ran it thought again this time sharpening and drizzling and what do you know the only problem in the image was noise from over sharpening ! i don't know what i was doing before hand that was wrong any ideas?

I'm afraid i couldn't attach any of the images because the uploaded says they exceed the limit for this forum you'll have to take my word for it i guess

thanks for all your help glad someone knows what there doing ;-)