PDA

View Full Version : Rotation

andrewts
June 16, 2011, 11:33:35
Iím using the camera DFK 72AUC02 with the IC ActiveX control. I need to rotate the image view from the camera, but I found the Rotate Flip filter too much slow: the images are displayed with more or less one second of delay, both if I apply the filter to the Device Path, to the Display path and to the sink path. It seems that in all the three cases the filter rotate the whole image (2592x1944 pixel).
For my application I need just to rotate the image displayed for to the user, and it is displayed in a 300x200 pixel box (more or less). There is a way to speed up the rotation by rotating just the 300x200 pixel image displayed on the IC ActiveX Control?

Thanks for the kind attention.

Stefan Geissler
June 16, 2011, 11:58:28
Well, the display size of IC Imaging Control or a picture box has no effect on the camera image itself, therefore each time the 5M-Pixel is to be rotated.

A possible solution could be to add a resize filter in the display path, which resizes the big image to a 300x200 image an rotate this image. For resizin you use the attached resize filter. It needs the MSVCR100.DLL additionally as runtime.
It is created as:
icImagingControl1.FrameFilterCreate("Resize", "Resize.FTF");

The parameters of this filter are "Width" and "Height". They determine the size of the output image.
Behind the resize filter you insert the rotate filter.

andrewts
June 22, 2011, 15:39:01
Hi Stefan
I tried your solution, but I have problems using the filter “resise.ftf”. I put it on the folder in which the file icimagingcontrol.ocx is located, but the new filter does not appears on the FrameFilterInfos collection.
When I create the filter through the “FrameFilterCreateString (‘Resize', 'resize.ftf')” I receive the error message “An option is not available, e.g. you called setFlipH and the VideoCaptureDevice does not support flipping”. Any suggestion?
Thanks,
Andrea