PDA

View Full Version : DFK 21BU04.H purchase

ppfilbert
May 16, 2011, 04:53:13
ok im thinking of buying this camera for my C8 scope. i do Video astronomy, so i am not really sure if this cam will suffice for it. i broadcast live on sites like NSN what i am seeing on my cam, currently i use a SDC435 samsung. this cam would be a huge upgrade, but 1) will it work for live broadcasting , 2) will a dazzle avi capture be able to capture the avi LIVE from the cam and allow me to use sharpcap, or craterlette to view live, so i can send over the internet. 3) what is the integration time on video that i can use, currently my samsung has a max of 8 seconfs, so ist soso for DSO. if anyone can help answer these questions, and offer any advice , i would love to hear, 460$ is 2 weeks pay for me thus a huge investment . so i really dont wanna buy on faith and find out its not what is going to work.
thanks in advance

Stefan Geissler
May 16, 2011, 09:15:54
Hi

1) will it work for live broadcasting
Yes. The camera provides a live video stream.

2) will a dazzle avi capture be able to capture the avi LIVE from the cam ...
No, because the camera already provides a digitized live stream via USB. If your software supports DirectShow WDM devices, then it should be able to handle the camera.

3) what is the integration time on video that i can use, currently my samsung has a max of 8 seconfs,
The maximum exposure of the DFK 21BU04.H is 30 seconds. The astronomy DFK 21BU04.AS has an exposure time of 3600 seconds.

ppfilbert
May 17, 2011, 01:58:11
excellent, but i dont see that one listed anywhere on th e website?
might you have a dirset link?

Stefan Geissler
May 17, 2011, 09:48:23
Hello,

which one do you not see?

ppfilbert
May 17, 2011, 15:32:40
"The astronomy DFK 21BU04.AS has an exposure time of 3600 seconds" the one you mentioned. A few others yes. I find a DMK 21au04.as, a dfk 21au04.as, and a dbk21au04.as. Not really sure what the difference on those is too. I see one has a IR filter, other 2 dont. And one is mono other 2 arent. As i am on a extreme budget, what else would i need to buy in order to get it to live stream with my laptop? im the type who likes to go in informed.
Gotta say thank you for all the help and fast replies. was looking at a cam from a different company and after 2 weeks of trying to get info they said all the info is lkisted on the webpage and couldnt help. Excellent customer service from you, even for someone who hasn't purchased yet. Ill definitely tell a few folks.