View Full Version : ContrastEnhancement.FTF does not load (Windows 7/C#/x64/ Dell Precision 490, 4GB)

Richard Brown
May 11, 2011, 01:05:56
I have researched similar problems encountered by others, but haven't had any luck resolving this particular problem. I have a copy of the Contrast Enhancement sample that I have been experimenting with, and the "stdfilters.ftf" file is always found and loaded while the "ContrastEnhancement.ftf" is not.

The control I'm using is:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\IC Imaging Control 3.2\bin\v2.0.50727\x64\TIS.Imaging.ICImagingContro l32.DLL

The support DLLs are:

I've checked both FTF files with depends.exe, and they are quite a bit older. Both require the same DLL versions:

All of these files are hosted within the application's working directory along with the FTF files.

The code is straightforward:
string filterPath = Directory.GetCurrentDirectory() + "\\";
icImagingControl1.FrameFilterPath = filterPath;

foreach (TIS.Imaging.FrameFilterInfo info in icImagingControl1.FrameFilterInfos)
System.Diagnostics.Trace.WriteLine("Found filter " + info.Name + " in " + info.ModulePath);

filter = icImagingControl1.FrameFilterCreate("ContrastEnhancement", "");

// Insert the frame filter in the device path of IC.

The output of "FrameFilterInfos" is this:
Found filter Bayer to Y800 in stdfilters.ftf
Found filter DeBayer in stdfilters.ftf
Found filter DeNoise in stdfilters.ftf
Found filter ROI in stdfilters.ftf
Found filter Rotate Flip in stdfilters.ftf

Hence the FrameFilterCreate() call will fail, the "filter" member will be null, and that's about as far as we can go.

There does not appear to be any logging, or any insight into why ContrastEnhancement.ftf is being skipped.

I did find the later ContrastEnhancement.FTF built by Stefan for x64. It's 72kb and requires "TIS_UDSHL08_VC9_X64.DLL" (which I could not find). That file would also fail to load.

I suspect that even if "ContrastEnhancement.FTF" loaded, that both it and the stdfilter.FTF would eventually fail due to the library version differences. But the question is: if stdfilter.ftf can load, why can't ContrastEnhancement.FTF?

Any ideas?

Stefan Geissler
May 11, 2011, 11:20:24

your copy of the Contrast Enhancement filter is
- old
- 32 bit

Therefore you can not load it in a 64 bit program
You can set the plattform of your program to "X86" instead of "Any CPU", then the Contrast Enhancement Filter will be loaded.

The 64 bit version was built using IC 3.1. I am not sure, whether I have this project anymore.

Richard Brown
May 11, 2011, 17:48:34

So what you're saying is that although I have downloaded the x64 "experimental version" of the ContrastEnhancement filter you built, the corresponding libraries (TIS_UDSHL08_VC9_X64.DLL, etc.) no longer exist, hence I can't test it.

Any chance you can send me the x86 project for the ContrastEnhancement.FTF? Perhaps I can attempt building an x64 version using the IC 3.2 version I have installed. If it works, I'll promise to send you back an updated copy! :-)

If not, could you suggest how I might proceed to acquire this functionality with an x64-based application? Can you recommend other third-party SDKs that provide this feature?

Stefan Geissler
May 12, 2011, 08:59:35

please have a look here: http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/library/dotnet/contrast-enhancement-1/

Richard Brown
May 12, 2011, 17:12:34

I completely missed that the C++ project was there! I thought it was just the "sample". Sorry!!

Thanks for your help!

Richard Brown
May 13, 2011, 16:31:31

Question: Do you have the lib file for "TIS_UDSHL09_vc9_x64.dll" available?

Also, would there be a matching \classlib folder for Imaging Control 3.2? The only one I have his "\IC Imaging Control 3.0\classlib\..."

Stefan Geissler
May 13, 2011, 16:41:46

if you work with IC 3.0 only, then you wont have the IC 3.2 files....

Update for 3.2 http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/case/

Richard Brown
May 13, 2011, 20:09:47

Again, my mistake. Yes, I already have 3.2, however the install location for the classlib was different than I expected. I didn't realize it was under "C:\Users\myuser\Documents\..." I expected it to be under "\Program Files\The Imaging Source..." much like 3.0 was.

UPDATE: The x64 version works builds and works great!

Thanks again!

Stefan Geissler
May 16, 2011, 08:11:29

According to Windows Vista and Windows 7 user rights (even Windows XP had this) we moved the samples to the user's directory.