PDA

View Full Version : Cant install DMK 31BU03.H

nie3mals
May 2, 2011, 13:33:21
Hey Folks, my problem is:
Windows dedect the camera, but cant install a driver.
And after, if i would to run the driver install: drvInstaller.exe it shows me the error message, the no device is conectet?
where is the problem?
thanks in advanced

edit: i tryed it with my laptop, and a desktop pc.

Kevin

nie3mals
May 2, 2011, 14:01:01
is it possible that windows dosent dedect the device? windows doesent install the generic driver.
in the device manager the DMK 31BU03 camera is listed under other device with no driver installed... but i cant install a driver...

need help,
asap.
thanks kevin

Stefan Geissler
May 2, 2011, 15:04:43
Hello Kevin,

Please let me know your computer model and Windows version.

is it possible that windows dosent dedect the device?
No, you wrote in the first post, it is detected and shown in the Windows Device Manager. However, a generic driver is not installed, because no generic driver matches to the camera.

You may try to install the camera manually as shown in the attached PDF. The path to the driver may differs from the one shown in the PDF, because it is a few days older.

nie3mals
May 3, 2011, 07:55:38
Hello Stefan,
now i did install the driver manually. the camera displayed now correct in the device manager (with a yellow exclamation mark). when i want to reinstall or update the driver with the drvInstaller_x64.exe file, it always detect now device.
the device manager says that the device cant start!!!
i tried it with an external USB Hub with power supply! what do I need to do for start the device?

i have windows 7 64 bit, and my laptop is an lenovo thinkpad t400

thank you for your help.

nie3mals
May 3, 2011, 09:13:55
When I plug in the camera directly to my laptop i can install the driver manually. but the camera dosent start. i think caused of less of power.
When I plug in the camera on the USB 2 Hub with external power supply or directly on my docing station, my computer doesnt dedect the camera correct! and i cant install the driver. windows says it is unknow usb controller?? when i want to install the driver manually, there is a problem that the driver isnt comtatible.
i dont know where the problem is?
need help

kevin

Stefan Geissler
May 3, 2011, 09:21:29
Kevin,

"Unknow Device" happens, if there is not enough power on the USB bus. The camera consumes the complete 500mA available on USB. If there is not enough power, then it turns down and is an unknown device only.

Even without a driver installed, the camera must show up as "TIS UVC Device" in the Windows Device Manager. Only then it is possible to install the driver. That is meant, by the driver is incompatible. I guess, you used the inf file in the "driver\usbcam_2.0.6_tis\data\drivers\amd64\" "usbcam_generic_amd64.inf" on the CD ROM, right?

However, you may call me directly in Germany (Bremen) since it seems you are from Germany too.

nie3mals
May 3, 2011, 09:42:12
Danke für die Antwort. Komme übrigens aus der Schweiz :-)
Ok, was muss ich tun, damit ich die vollen 500mA zu Verfügung stellen kann? Reicht da ein Hub mit externer Stromversorgung nicht?
Habe heute leider nur mein Laptop vor Ort, kann es nicht an einem Desktop testen.

mir fällt noch eine weitere Frag ein. Wenn ich mehrere Kameras an einen Laptop anschliessen möchte, wie gehe ich da vor? Bzw. wie stelle ich da die Stromversorgung sicher?

ich habe auch die CD leider heute nicht zur Hand, ich habe den Treiber von http://www.theimagingsource.com/downloads/icwdmuvccamtis.en_US.zip geholt.
Dannach: \tis_uvc_1.3.8_tis\data\drivers\tis_uvc.inf

Kann ich annehmen das der Treiber jetzt richtig installiert ist, wenn die Kamera direkt einstecke und sie als Kamera sehe?

Nochmals Danke

Stefan Geissler
May 3, 2011, 12:28:33
Unfortunately the forums language is english.

Die Stromversorgung sollte eigentlich der Laptop zur Verfügung stellen, 5V 500mA ist genormt. Mit einem USB Hub sollte das auch funktionieren.

Bei mehreren Kameras brauchen Sie einen externen Hub und ein entsprechend starkes 5V Netzteil.

Kann ich annehmen das der Treiber jetzt richtig installiert ist, wenn die Kamera direkt einstecke und sie als Kamera sehe?
Das können Sie annehmen, wenn IC Capture die Kamera findet. Haben Sie den "drvInstaller.exe" ausgeführt?

nie3mals
May 3, 2011, 13:52:27
no, i cant run the drvInstaller.exe, because the installer don't found a device.
but after install manually the driver \tis_uvc_1.3.8_tis\data\drivers\tis_uvc.inf it shows me the correct device name.

in ic capture its the same. no device!

nie3mals
May 4, 2011, 09:24:17
do you have an idea for the next step?

nie3mals
May 5, 2011, 08:58:53
dear Stefan,
is it possible, that you can send the usb generic driver to me?
thank in advance
Kevin

Stefan Geissler
May 5, 2011, 09:09:49
Sorry,

there was so much to do yesterday, I lost focus on you. What generic driver?

The driver can be downloaded from http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/support/downloads/

That is the only suitable driver.

However, I am surprised, the camera is listed in the "Geräte" list. Usualla the camera is not detected by Window as Video Capture Device in there. However, it must be listed in "Imaging Device" / "Bildbearbeitungsgeräte" in the Windows Device Manager. If it is not shown there, then may be parts of Windows are missing.

Just a question: What is the serial number of your camera?
However, I can have a look on your computer on my own using Teamviewer 5.

nie3mals
May 5, 2011, 12:37:01
i mean this driver

I guess, you used the inf file in the "driver\usbcam_2.0.6_tis\data\drivers\amd64\" "usbcam_generic_amd64.inf" on the CD ROM, right?

yes, i can install teamviewer.
the serial nr is: 43010122

please contact me under [email removed to avoid spammers] for teamviewer access

Stefan Geissler
May 6, 2011, 10:01:45
With the new driver 2.1.5 we got the camera working. However, its behavior was a little unpredictable. Therefore I asked the customer to send the camera back to me, so we can have a look on it on our own.