PDA

View Full Version : Fading Between Images With MV Bitmap Overlay

npadgett
April 13, 2011, 22:53:58
I am using the MV Bitmap Overlay filter to fade between images. I have a fade duration of 1 second. I disable the filter to fade out, change my image source, and then enable the filter to fade in. When I disable the filter, the code does not block for the 1 second it would take to fade out. So my first image immediately disappears and then my new image immediately begins to fades in.

Is there an event mechanism for me to be notified when the fade completes or the filter becomes disabled?

npadgett
April 21, 2011, 22:06:15
I am using the MV Bitmap Overlay filter to fade between images. I have a fade duration of 1 second. I disable the filter to fade out, change my image source, and then enable the filter to fade in. When I disable the filter, the code does not block for the 1 second it would take to fade out. So my first image immediately disappears and then my new image immediately begins to fades in.

Is there an event mechanism for me to be notified when the fade completes or the filter becomes disabled?

I have not found an event that fires to detect this. In the meantime, I launch a thread that waits the length of the fade before it starts the fade in process. Still looking for a more elegant solution.