PDA

View Full Version : setFPS without Imaging source library (using Qt Creator + OpenCV), How can I do?

fsor
April 13, 2011, 14:38:36
Hi,

I'm working on a C++ project in which I have to grab a frame from the camera and implement it into a GUI.

I'm using OpenCV for grabing frames and Qt Creator is my IDE, wich allows me to create a GUI easily. But I have some problems.

The FPS of my camera is setted by IC Capture 2.2 at 50 FPS (camera DFK 72AUCO2) in 640*480, but in my application I developped, I can't get any information about the framerate by using OpenCV functions and the display is really slow, I think it is about 10 FPS.

This isn't enough to do what I have to do, so, please, I would like to know:

-How can I set the FrameRate of my camera without using imaging source's functions? I just can't use them because I'm don't using visual C++ and the headers I add in my Qt project doesn't compile.

-Are the camera properties saved into a file in which I can Read/Write ? Or into some register key? How can I access to them whithout functions like setFPS or setFramerate?

I really thank you for your help and for your answers.
Best Regards,
fsor.

Stefan Geissler
April 15, 2011, 14:15:40
Well,

the correct address of your question is the OpenCV support, because OpenCV is not a product of us. They must offer all the properties you need, if you use their SDK.

I am very sorry for not having a better answer. I thought about DirectShow programming (have a look into MSDN) but I think, this wont work in your case, because the camera is handled by OpenCV.

There is a last method you may use: It is a C Wrapper for the IC Classlibrary, that can be used for image acquisition. You can handle the camera completely and receive a pointer to the image data, which can be passed to the cvImageBuffer.

Maybe this is an option? If so, create a support case at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/case/