PDA

View Full Version : No Devices on Visual Studio developing environment

boaz
April 6, 2011, 16:00:04
Hi,
I installed ICImaging .NET 3.1 and using VS2010 on WIN7 Pro 64bit.
When I use the compiled demo application came with the IC installation, I can see my video capture device (AverMedia USB Polaris Analog Capture).
When I use the VB source code of the demo application in VS2010 and calling the "ShowDeviceSettingsDialog" there are no devices in the drop-box. Any reason?
Thanks

Stefan Geissler
April 7, 2011, 15:44:29
Hello Boaz,

this is a topic, that was discused many times in the forum. The demo app has been compiled with the non free IC Pro version, while you got the the free IC standard version. The freen IC versions will handle The Imaging Source devices only.

makethedonuts
September 20, 2011, 17:27:48
I have seen the explanation for the topic many times on forum and understand that the free version does not show devices. I believe that I have downloaded the pro version, however. How can I know that I have the pro version (with a S/N) and NOT the free version?

I received a link via email to download and install version 3.2 of the control. The email also included a software key similar towhen I have downloaded my previous versions - 1.2 thru 3.0. When I went to install it, I was NOT asked for my serial number license like I have with my prior versions.

If i install my 3.0 version, I am asked for my S/N and can access my devices. If I install 3.2, I am NOT asked for a S/N. Did the link sent me give me the "free" version? Were the other versions the "pro" version? If this is the case, was I given the wrong link?

Thanks for any assistance

Stefan Geissler
September 21, 2011, 11:48:33
Hello Make The Donuts,

It is correct, that there is no license key entering in the setup. However, if I send an update of IC Imaging Control, I usually add a C# code sample, that shows, how to add the pro license key. It is:

namespace "Insert your name space here"
{
static class Program
{
/// <summary>
/// The main entry point for the application.
/// </summary>
[STAThread]
static void Main()
{
TIS.Imaging.ICImagingControl.InitLibrary("Insert your license key here");
Application.EnableVisualStyles();
Application.SetCompatibleTextRenderingDefault(fals e);
Application.Run(new Form1());
}
}
}

This must be done, before the new instance of IC Imaging Control is created with new. Therefore it is in the Program class.

JPriori
February 28, 2012, 14:12:27
Hi, I have the same issue here, I have the IC Imaging Control 3.2 with a S/N, but I tried the solution above, but I still can't use other devices, only Imaging Source. my machine runs Win7 64 bit and VS2010.

Regards,
JPriori

Stefan Geissler
March 2, 2012, 12:29:04
For this question, I created an article in the FAQ: http://www.theimagingsourceforums.com/faq.php?faq=ic_programming#faq_icnowebcam