PDA

View Full Version : networkconnection after using the control.

andyr
March 3, 2011, 13:47:57
Hi

I use IcImagingControl Software to capture videoframes with the IC Video - USB capture device "DFG/USB2-It".
All works well, but after installing the Driver for the video -> usb device and using the IC Imaging Control in my C# Application, I get a new Network Connection, with MAC-Address 0.0.0.0, an ugly IP: 0.1.0.5 as Microsoft TV/Video Connection. I think this has something to do with the ability to add a network video source.
Is there a way to disable this?

Thanks
Andyr

Stefan Geissler
March 3, 2011, 14:36:40
Hello,

I never heared this before. Which Windows version do you use? Which DFG/USB2-lt driver do you use?

andyr
March 3, 2011, 15:02:13
Hi

XP SP3, with ICImagingControl31 dll in version 3.1.0.576, and drvInstaller.exe version 3.0.0.8, DFG/USB-It driver date: 07/09/2010, version 1.1.0.3 according to Hardware / DeviceManager.
It doesn't seems to happen in Win7 Ultimate 64bit, the other OS i am testing right now.
The application is "only" a small UI to capture single frames from a video source attached to the video-usb converter.
I use: TIS.Imaging.ICImagingControl31.dll,TIS_DShowLib08. dll, TIS_UDSHL08_vc9.dll all in version 3.1.0.576.

After installing, i get this intressting connection in the network connection overview.
Wouldnt be a problem but i use some other networking software which has some problems with this connection.

Greetings Andyr

Stefan Geissler
March 7, 2011, 16:10:51
Hallo Andyr,

we think, the strange network connection is somehow created by another driver, that tries to access the converter. However, we never saw something like this before, so we are puzzled.

andyr
March 9, 2011, 09:50:43
Hi

yes i think it is the driver (so this is perhaps the wrong forum for it, should be in the hardware and driver - forum). We can reproduce it on every Notebook / PC here (with XP SP3).
After installing the driver we get - nearly in the same second - a "Microsoft TV / Video Connection".

Best Regards
Andyr

Stefan Geissler
March 9, 2011, 10:46:14
Hello,

I think you can ignore this "Microsoft TV / Video Connection". Maybe it shows up, because you connected a video capture device for TV signals. I do not have this in Windows XP. Maybe its a new feature of Windows 7. I never checked this on my own.