PDA

View Full Version : Labview: Liveview Window not integrated into control

mle
March 2, 2011, 19:29:14
Hi,

I installed Imaging Control 3.1 on a Windows 7 machine (64 bit) and I'm using LV 2010 (32bit).
When I ran the Labview demos, I figured out that the LiveView opens in a window stuck in the left top corner and is not integrated into the ICImagingControl.
Furthermore, Labview crashes when I try to open VCD properties (Device Setup.vi).

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks for any advice,
marcus

Stefan Geissler
March 3, 2011, 12:04:24
Hello,

I must admit, I have no chance to check LabVIEW 2010 on Windows 7 64 bit. I only had a short look on Windows XP 32 bit with LabVIEW 2010.

I would like you to ask the National Instruments support how ActiveX controls are handled in 64 bit systems.

Why a crash occurrs I can not say without an error message.

However, there is another problem, may be it is the same you have:
We tested LabVIEW 2009 in a higher Windows than XP and found LabVIEW ending itself. The error is caused by Visual Studio 2003 ATL, which was used for the IC Imaging Control ActiveX. You can workaround by opening a command line as administrator and type:

bcdedit /set nx AlwaysOff

Then reboot.

To restore the setting, if you do want to use it, type

bcdedit /set nx OptIn

Then reboot.

We considered to use the IC Imaging Control .NET component instead of the ActiveX control, but then we will loose LabVIEW 7 compatibility. Also exchanging the ActiveX against the .NET component is like programming the LabVIEW Extension completely new, even if all methods and properties are the same, because of the LabVIEW concept and its limitations.

You may look here for more information about bcdedit: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709667%28WS.10%29.aspx

mle
March 7, 2011, 10:30:28
thanks a lot.

actually, this solved both problems.