PDA

View Full Version : LabVIEW crashes with DeviceLost event

sitejasshah
February 24, 2011, 17:28:55
Hi stefan,

Last week I told you that I was able to program ImageAvailable event in LabVIEW after turning the LiveCaptureContinuous On. So now I can use external trigger to capture images without freezing LabVIEW as I used to do earlier with memorysnapimage. I get an image whenever i provide the external trigger.

On similar lines I added the DeviceLost event to my program so that when the camera is unplugged I should see that event trigger. What happens is, I am able to start the program and initialize the camera. Now the system is waiting for either external trigger or camera unplug. If I provide an external trigger or unplug the camera, LabVIEW crashes.

If I tell labview to just look for the DeviceLost event it works for the first time when i unplug the camera and I see the event fire and so I go ahead and reconnect the camera and initialize it again. I then again tell labview to look for devicelost event and then when i unplug the camera, labview freezes.

ImageAvailable event works well if programmed alone without DeviceLost.

Is there something that I am missing

Stefan Geissler
February 25, 2011, 11:43:12
Hello

I have to admit, you know much more about the LabVIEW event handling and programming than me. Thus, I am afraid, I am not able to help you.

GMoney
March 9, 2011, 17:54:28
sitejasshah,

Come on over to the LabVIEW discussion forums (ni.com/forums) and post your code up there. We will be better able to help you figure out what's going on and find a solution for you.

Grant H.