PDA

View Full Version : Image Processing Moire and Distortion

lw3234
February 24, 2011, 13:42:47
Hello everybody,

Iam using a wide angle lense together with a Imaging Source USB camera to capture images from a TFT monitor.

Due to the wide angle lens I got an distortion and by capturing from the TFT monitor I get a moire effect.
Both effects I want to correct. I am new to the SDK and I was wondering if such features are already implemented somewhere ? Or maybe somebody can provide an idea where to start.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Waigel

Stefan Geissler
February 28, 2011, 09:31:47
The moire effect is hard to remove, because it is caused by the pixel grids of the monitor and the camera sensor. The first attempt is to use a camera with higher resolution. The next attempt is using a lens, that has no distortion, that means, it's focal length is 8mm or higher.

IC Imaging Control has no image processing features. It gives access to the camera and the image data only.

lw3234
February 28, 2011, 10:39:30
The fixed focal length of the lens is 12mm.
Consequently there is only a small distortion to deal with, but there is one.

My first idea was to remove the distortion as good as possible and then use the linear equations to remove the moire.
I was wondering if there is any proper C or C# code around to do so ?

Thank you for you help.

Stefan Geissler
February 28, 2011, 12:12:38
The fixed focal length of the lens is 12mm.
Consequently there is only a small distortion to deal with, but there is one.

This is correct.

My first idea was to remove the distortion as good as possible and then use the linear equations to remove the moire.
I was wondering if there is any proper C or C# code around to do so ?
I am very sorry, but I have no sample code for this.