PDA

View Full Version : Performance Tweak with RGB24

taygunkekec
February 23, 2011, 21:50:02
Hello,

I have a few DFK21BF04 cameras and i do not have a good computer... I am using three of my cameras simultaneously, opening each grabber and initalizing it.

However i have a very very low performance with this. Well, i want to snap images in RGB24 format. However in performance tweaks it says "Prevent auto- color space converting by using same format in sink and device"

Well at my camera device initialize page, i have BY8 UYVY and Y800. But i am grabbing images as RGB24, this means i need to do conversation and there is no way to avoid it ?

Stefan Geissler
February 24, 2011, 11:20:44
Hello,

Yes, the camera provides Y800 and UYVY formats natively only. BY8 is same as Y800, but it forces DirectShow to insert a Debayertransformfilter automatically, thus you receive RGB formats. However, UYVY is converted by the IAT_YUV filter into RGB formats.

What do you mean by "low performance"? What CPU do you use? I use an AMD Athlon 1600+, nine years old. This is low performance, but works in a useable way with FireWire cameras.

taygunkekec
February 25, 2011, 11:36:54
While running three cameras, it is like i get 3-4 fps or something with a P4 3.0 processor.

(What i do is grabbing eRGB images from sink to openCV IplImage and display them in OpenCV GUI)

Whole application is 1 process and there is not multithreading mechanism for obtaining and displaying the images.

Stefan Geissler
February 25, 2011, 11:45:45
I suppose, this is something in your program. Even on my AMD Athlon 1600+ I receive 30~60 fps.
Maybe the OpenCV display is slow? Did you ask the OpenCV support about this?

taygunkekec
February 25, 2011, 15:08:23
excuse me sir, i dont quite get it, You're able to grasp (60 fps) * 3 cameras at the same time ??

Stefan Geissler
February 25, 2011, 15:43:05
Well, with 3 cameras at the same time, I guess, my old computer will stay at 15 fps per camera using IC Capture.