PDA

View Full Version : Problem with loading device

Uldrer
January 26, 2011, 08:21:35
Hi,

I have been using a DFK 21AUC03 camera for software development on a x86 windows xp machine, using c++ and visual studio 2008. I'm using IC Imaging Control 3.0. On this computer I have no problems loading the camera using setupDeviceFromFile(). Due to changes in the project we have been forced to move the development to a windows 7 x64 machine, which has resulted in a weird error when trying to load the camera. The error received is:

Unhandled exception at 0x030c397f in "abc.exe": 0xC0000005: Access violation.

and it occurs for both setupDeviceFromFile() and LoadDeviceStateFromFile(). In the console "<device.xml> found, trying to open device" shows when using setupDeviceFromFile(), before it crashes.

I've tried to debug the problem with the DemoApp_vc8 and here I'm able to use both setupDeviceFromFile() and LoadDeviceStateFromFile() succesfully but in PixelFormat_vc8 I get the earlier mentioned error. The only difference between the two projects concerning the device setup is that DemoApp_vc8 is a windows application and not a console application, but I'm not sure this is the main reason for the error. My actual program is a console application as well so how can I get the device loading, to work properly for my console applications as well?

Thanks
Martin

Stefan Geissler
January 27, 2011, 15:52:54
There was a virtual camera DirectShow filter installed, that causes the error.

santiago
March 1, 2011, 16:40:15
Dear Stefan,

Can you please explain a little bit more your answer. I'm trying to compile the sample CreateVideoFile (without any change) on a Windows7 x64 computer and it gives me the same problem as Martin which does not occur on a Windows Vista x86 system.

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
C. Santiago

Stefan Geissler
March 1, 2011, 16:46:27
The problem was, that there was a Virtual Camera installed, that did not answer correctly to DirectShow requests and created a null pointer assignment. This happens, if third party drivers are not well programmed.

Maybe you have the same problem and there is something similar installed. Or there was a camera installed and its driver tells DirectShow, the camera is installed anyway, even it is disconnected. This leads to those nice errors too.

This happens, when IC Imaging Control enumerates the connected video capture sources and ask them who they are.

santiago
March 1, 2011, 18:03:10
Dear Stefan,

Thank you so much. It was really that. I had a Virtual Camera Installed. Now it is working perfectly :).

Best Regards,
C. Santiago