PDA

View Full Version : Y800/Y800 codec

fast Freddie
January 18, 2011, 21:39:16
Hi, I am capturing images on my DBK21 with Y800/Y800 and then bebayering in Registax 5. If I enable debayering from the tool bar or in the device settings, I get a colour image on screen, but when I put into Registax it is just black and white (even if I set bebayer in Registax). If I disable debayering (from the tool bar or device settings) I get black and white on the screen but when I put into Registax, I can debayer there to get colour. Is there a way I can set to see colour on the screen and also in Registax. I assume Y800/Y800 gives no compression and will give the fastest download rate to my laptop but as there is no debayering I will only see black and white on my screen?
Even though the set-up still shows Y800/Y800, why when I set debayering from the toolbar do I see colour on screen but in Registax, it sees the file as black and white and is unable to debayer to colour?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for your help.
Freddie

Stefan Geissler
January 19, 2011, 08:08:39
Hi Freddy,

if you have enabled debayering in IC Capture, then the image is a color image. If you then use Y800 as codec, then then color image is converted to gray scale. This is a workflow in IC Capture.

A few years ago I wrote a simple sample program "IC Y800 Capture", that does exactly what you want: Show colored live video and save uncompressed Y800 raw data into AVI file (and it saves also the camera properties in parallel to the AVI file). If you are interested in this very simple program, please let me know at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/case/
The sample program will be for free and is (hopefully) fully working :-)

fast Freddie
January 19, 2011, 23:15:11
Hi Stefan, thanks for getting back to me. i would be interested to know more about your new bit of software so will contact you via the link for more information.
Thanks Freddie

flyer
January 21, 2011, 21:05:39
Stefan,

Thank you for sending me the link to your Y800 capture program. It works well! I only have one regret, and that is that there seems to be no ROI control. For planetary captures my camera captures way too large a field of view at 1024x768 (DFK31AU03) not to use ROI. Is there any chance of adding that one feature?

Stefan Geissler
January 24, 2011, 09:29:00
Freddie,

this simlpe program is done as it is. It is simple to use. It has as less as possible properties for two reasons:
- it was written within one day and is no official project
- to avoid user errors by showing too much buttons, possibilities and properties.

Sorry for that.