PDA

View Full Version : Problem windows 7 ultimate

KinoLab
November 24, 2010, 00:33:04
Hi, I've a DFK72BUC02 Usb camera.
When i open imaging capture in windows 7 I've a lot of horizzontal with stright like electrical ones...

When i open the software in windows XP everything it's ok....

Someone has the same problems with windows 7 Ultimate...

Thanks

regards

Enrico

Stefan Geissler
November 24, 2010, 10:33:52
Hello Enrico

Please try the Processor Idle State Manager from http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/downloads/tools/

KinoLab
November 24, 2010, 15:16:46
Hi Stefan, I've try the Processor ISM, but nothing has change...

I don't know, now i'll try to install Windows vista to see if is the same...

For the moment the only one that work is Windows XP SP3 32 bit...

Best

KinoLab
November 24, 2010, 18:06:49
Hi, with Windows vista is the same.... someone has an idea?
I work on a macbook with windows installed through bootcamp...

best

Stefan Geissler
November 25, 2010, 08:56:47
Hello,

Working on a Macbook is new information for me. I never tested a Macbook. Thus I can say nothing about the Processor ISM having an effect on this machine. In this case, you may have a look in the BIOS settings. Maybe there is a setting similar to C-State technology, which can be disabled.

The effect you see is caused by the sleeping states of the CPU. The USB controller receives a list of commands to process. This processing is done by the CPU controller without bothering the CPU. When the command list has been processed, the USB controller waits for the next command list provided by the CPU. If the CPU is at this point of time in C3 state, means sleeping, then a short delay occurs. In this time delay the USB does nothing but waiting, while the camera continues sending data. Please keep in mind, we speak only about microseconds. These data sent by the camera are lost. They are the stripes you see in the image. After the delay has finished, the USB controller receives again the command list to be processed.

There are some more details, but this is to complicated to explain here.

Also I would like to point out, Microsoft changed the power settings and power policies from XP to Vista and 7 completely.

Just an addition: We do not recommend to use the USB cameras in a Virtual Machine, because the speed of access of external hardware like USB and other controllers it is not known.

You may ask the Apple Support about this too.

KinoLab
November 25, 2010, 14:59:09
Hi Stefan, thanks for your answer...
En reality when you install Windows on a Mac through BOOTCAMP, you are using your computer as a windows computer...
SO if there is a settings "C-State" is in the same place as a any laptop...

Anyway, in this moment I've installed XP and everything work... so i don't know what can i do more...

Thanks...