PDA

View Full Version : IC labview, 64-bit compatible?

Ari
November 15, 2010, 17:11:05
I want to use LabVIEW 2010 (64-bit) with my firewire camera. I installed the driver and the IC LabVIEW Extension 2 that were on the Imaging Control cd. It works fine with LabVIEW 2010 (32-bit) on the same machine (Windows 7, 64 bit). However, when I try to use it with the 64-bit version of LabVIEW, LabVIEW can't find the locations for some of the VIs and when I select the proper locations manually, it loads but is not executable anymore.

Are the IC LabVIEW Extensions compatible with 64-bit LabVIEW? If so, what do I need to do to make it run?

I'm a newbie, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Stefan Geissler
November 16, 2010, 07:49:11
Hello Ari

I do not think so, because the IC Imaging Control LabVIEW Extension is based on IC Imaging Control 3.0 ActiveX, which is 32 bit.

We would like to exchange the ActiveX against the IC Imaging Control 3.2 .NET component. Doing this is a 10 minute task in a common programming language. In LabVIEW unfortunately the whole Extension must be created new, because a simple exchange is no possible. Instead of 10 minutes work, I have some month.

Ari
November 16, 2010, 15:34:25
Thanks for your help. So it sounds like they are incompatible for the time being. Good luck with the .NET LabVIEW version.

Stefan Geissler
November 17, 2010, 14:34:40
Good luck with the .NET LabVIEW version
Thank you :-)