PDA

View Full Version : video clip

jh2832
October 18, 2010, 16:01:15
I want to record a series of video clips in memory... as each clip is recorded, I want a sort of preview window or thumbnail view on the side of the window, and when that clip is clicked, it will become active in the main window with start/stop play options, etc. I'm not looking for complete software design here, just help with the Imaging Control aspects.. I've been using IC control for a few months now, so am mostly familiar with it.. have been looking over the AVI classes, but they all seem file based, and I want this to be memory based.
anyway, thoughts, suggestions? thanks, Jim.

Michael Kirmse
October 19, 2010, 16:27:56
I am very sorry, but unfortunately we have no specific solution for your problem.
I can only suggest you to build your own avi class. Maybe the callback sample is helpful for you.

jh2832
October 19, 2010, 17:57:50
bummer... I am thinking now that I will maybe try to use temporary files as a backing store to the actual video clip, instead of purely in memory. I had originally thought of this, but now with temp files around, I need to worry about maintenance of them... but that may be a better battle to fight then creating my own avi files...

I am going down the path of using the directx 9.0 audio/video playback managed code classes.. any gotcha with those, or better alternatives.

thanks again, Jim.