PDA

View Full Version : DBK21 time limit

fast Freddie
October 17, 2010, 22:31:05
When I set up the camera with a time limit for AVI capture, the camera often stops short of the limit, sometimes by only a second or so other times by up to 5 seconds. I am set Y800/Y800. My laptop doesn't appear to be a factor as after it has stopped short, I can just set a new file name start again and it will save a new file of the correct length. Doesn't happen all the time annoying when it does though. Any ideas? Thanks Freddie.

Michael Kirmse
October 18, 2010, 08:12:46
Hello Freddie,

how do you see the length of the avi file?

fast Freddie
October 18, 2010, 12:12:11
In the "record video file" box from where the time limit is set and the recording is started/paused, there is a timer and a frame count that updates as the AVI is recorded. The timer sometimes stops short of the time limit set.

Michael Kirmse
October 18, 2010, 13:15:17
Could you please check the length of the recorded file?

The timer sometimes stops short of the time limit set.
What do you mean by "short"?

fast Freddie
October 18, 2010, 14:08:26
By stopping short I mean that if I set to record for say 20 seconds, I start the recording, the timer starts from 0 and records the elapse time of the recording. Sometimes it stops short for example stopping after say 17 second. Other times it will continue to record for the full time i.e. 20 seconds. If the timer has shown that it has stopped short, the actual length/size of the AVI is smaller than one captured for the full time.

Michael Kirmse
October 18, 2010, 14:39:45
Could you please check your CPU Usage during the capture?

fast Freddie
October 18, 2010, 15:31:40
Will run some more tests tonight and will get back to you. Thanks Freddie.

fast Freddie
October 18, 2010, 21:30:13
Had a bit more of an investigation. Set up at 60fps, 1/77 exposure with a time limit of 25 seconds. Started recording by pressing the record (red dot) icon. Sequence ran for 25 seconds and recorded ~1470 frames. With the same settings, if I started recording by pressing the pause icon (once to initiate and then again to start recording) the recording stopped after 17 seconds and recorded ~1005 frames. I tried each of these three times and got vary similar results each time. This is not a big problem as I can just use the record icon to start recording rather than the pause, but would be interested to know why recording is cut short when using pause. Thanks Freddie

Michael Kirmse
October 19, 2010, 16:16:14
It seems that the counter starts, even if you press the pause button. You may have noticed, that the time that gets lost at the end is equal to the time you are waiting between pressing the pause button the first time and starting the capture.
I dont know if this is ment to be like it is.