PDA

View Full Version : I introduce myself

Petrus
October 12, 2010, 11:45:44
Hello everyone:

I´m new in this forum, and I have recently purchased a DBK21 fireware version and I have too much to learn about it.
One thing I would like to point is that, although many people are convinced that monochrome DMK´s are the (only) cameras for serious imaging, I have seen pictures taken with color DBK´s that are equally as good as the ones taken with DMK´S.
I would like to know your opinions.

greetings from Pedro (Spain)

Stefan Geissler
October 12, 2010, 12:39:56
Hello Pedro,

The main difference between color and mono sensors is the Bayer Mosaic pattern on the sensor. That means, color sensors provide an image , that is a little bit less sharp than mono sensors, because the RGB values of pixel are calculated using the neighbor pixels. For more information, please refer to http://www.theimagingsource.com/downloads/howcolcamswp.en_US.pdf. It shows, how color cameras work.

Petrus
October 12, 2010, 13:51:11
Yes, I had already read that article. But what I really mean is that even with a color camera like DBK21, you can get excellent pictures, and although there may be a little difference, that one is not "an abyss". I say this, cause many people say that color cameras are not "serious".

greetings

Stefan Geissler
October 13, 2010, 12:38:36
Hello Pedro,

I agree. However, it depends on your task, what camera is suitable.