PDA

View Full Version : IC Capture Professional

AstroTasmania
September 27, 2010, 03:39:26
I note on one of my IS software discs, there is a Professional version of IC capture. I have tried to install this and it says "Standard" version when I open the program.

I have heard that the Professional version will offer IC Capture Control when using any WDM device, ie MS Lifecam HD etc.

Any information regarding the Professional Version welcome.

Regards,
Shevill Mathers,
Southern Cross Observatory, Tasmania 42 South
www.shevillmathers.id.au

Stefan Geissler
September 27, 2010, 07:26:56
Shevill,

The IC Capture prof will no longer be available officially. You may contact The Imaging Source directly, but I am not sure, whether we will provide a license. We got too much support for not working third party devices.

bwallan
September 27, 2010, 08:00:13
We got too much support for not working third party devices.

I can believe this! There are truly a huge number of non-standard WDM, web cams, etc. on the market. Most are called "industry standard" BUT require their own proprietary software to work...

AstroTasmania
September 27, 2010, 08:10:38
Hi Stefan,

Thank you for that inormation, I have contacted IS direct. I was alerted to this by Gary Honis, a well-known modifier of web cams and such. I have four IS cameras, three Firewire and one USB AS, each one different.
This is what I acheived with one donated by IS back in 2007.
http://picasaweb.google.com.au/AstroTasmania/TotalLunarEclipseAug2807BroadcastOnDiscoveryChanne lAsia?feat=directlink

Regards & Clear Skies.

Stefan Geissler
September 27, 2010, 09:13:48
I can believe this! There are truly a huge number of non-standard WDM, web cams, etc. on the market. Most are called "industry standard" BUT require their own proprietary software to work...
Edit/Delete Message

Many of these cameas use also DirectShow standard, but often we encounter problems, that interfaces are not implemented correctly, thus we receive an access violation. Some of them we are able to catch, but in worst case we receive a BSOD if we ask the camera for its properties.

As I wrote above, at this time, I do not know the company's policy about how to proceed with the professional version of IC Capture.