PDA

View Full Version : White balance settings

andrewts
September 2, 2010, 14:14:33
Hello,

I have a problem with the camera DFK61AUC02. Roughly I’m not able to set permanently the white balance settings.

I need to use the camera though an application based on DirectShow, and in this application I’m not able to set the White Balance Red, the White Balance Blue and the White Balance Green.
So I use the software “VCDProperty Inspector” or “DemoApp” just to set up these parameters, but it seems that the settings are not saved in a permanent way: I’ve tried to set the White Balance Red, Blue and Green to the values 127,119,108, restarted the machine, at the restart I opened VCD Property inspector and the values was 144,120,128. So I think is not a matter of the program base on DirectShow that override the values set by VCDProperty Inspector, but that the values set are not saved.
Also, if I open VCDProperty Inspector and set the White Balance settings to a certain value, then I close it and open DemoApp I found that the White Balance settings area changed.

How can I deal with this problem? There is a way to set the White Balance settings to a certain value, and maintain this value constant among different applications?
Thanks in advance,

Andrea Schiavianto

Stefan Geissler
September 2, 2010, 14:24:13
Hello,

The camera has no memory for the properties, that means, each time, it looses power, the settings are lost.

The demop app tries to open the last used device and restore its properties. That means, if you have opened the camera in the demoapp and adjusted the properties, then these values are saved. If you now start a different application and change the properties and afterwards start the demoapp again, then the values set be the other application are overwritten by the values the demoapp has saved. You can see this in the source code of the demoapp in the samples directory of IC Imaging Control.

However, you may make the settings with the demoapp and start your DirectShow using application afterwards.

At least, you can set the whitebalance properties with a KSPropertySet. For a header file, please contact me at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/case/

andrewts
September 2, 2010, 15:16:02
Understood the first point, but unfortunately I cannot make the setting with the demoapp and use my directshow application, because when I restart the computer the settings is lost:
I open Demoapp, set the camera with the correct White Balance settings, close DemoApp, then open my DirectShow based application and the white balance settings does not change. But if I restart the machine and open my directshow application the white balance settings are wrong, at this point I need to open the DemoApp just to restore the correct white balance settings and the use the direct show application.

So I think I have two possibility to deal with this situation:
- Make a small app using the IC Component that will be run automatically with windows that just set the camera properties
- Use the KSPropertySet
What do you think? I would like also to know more about the KSPropertySet, so can I will contact you at the link you provided.

Thanks,
Andrea Schiavinato

Stefan Geissler
September 2, 2010, 15:26:59
Hello

Make a small app using the IC Component that will be run automatically with windows that just set the camera properties

Its the easy way. Create a configuration file and load it in Autostart (when the computer starts).