PDA

View Full Version : Is my Camera DBK21AU04 disfunctionning, or does the problem come from me?

fab0210
August 27, 2010, 15:21:41
Hi everybody!

I have just received a DBK21AU04.AS camera, with IC Capture 2.1.
I was very disappointed because there was not tutorial about this software.
On the Web, I have tried to understand how is it working.

But I've a problem:
When I open IC Capture, with my camera on, I don't see anything. Nothing of the details of what my camera shows. In fact, I only see a white frame, which only transform in grey frame when I put my hands in the front of the camera.

Is my camera disfunctionning? or is there something to do, to see the details?

Thanks for the answers!:good::good:

Stefan Geissler
August 27, 2010, 15:56:28
Which lens or telescope do you use? Without a lens or a telescope, you will only see, what you describe.

fab0210
August 27, 2010, 16:57:57
Ah Okay! I didn't know this thing. I haven't tried the camera on my LX-90 (Meade) telescope yet!
I thought it was also functionning to take trees, and landscapes...It's why I've tried.
But are you sure of what you say...because I've seen a tutorial for ImagingSource Camera (in french sorry!) in which the pictures taken by the camera is a cup of tea:
Look at the picture of the tutorial (http://fr.astronomycamerasblog.com/category/bien-demarrer/page/2/):
http://www.astronomycamerasblog.com/wp-content/uploads-extra/registax_y800.gif

Stefan Geissler
August 30, 2010, 07:24:30
Hello,

Of course I am sure of what I am saying, because I needed a lens when I photographed my espresso cup. However, if you take a look in the camera, you will see the sensor. That means, there is no lens in front of it and that means, there will be no image projected on the sensor, only diffuse light.
Also if there was a lens on your camera, then you can not use it together with your telescope, because your telescope will act as lens.

fab0210
September 18, 2010, 17:29:58
Hi stefan. Thanks for the answer... i couldn't try because i have neither lens nor telescope with me.
Now i have but it does the same thing: i mean that the frame is grey and when i move the camera into the light the frame becomes white for a half of a second and then it turns grey again fastly. I have with my cam and my lens a lot of 'tubes' to focus the light but i don't know which ones i need to put and in which order with respect to the lens (it's a Barlow lens). Can you help me please...thank you! ;-D

Stefan Geissler
September 20, 2010, 09:13:45
Hi,

If you see a homogeneous white / gray image, and the image brightness changes if you put something in front of the sensor, then the sensor can camera is working fine. It is just that your lens or telescope is out of focus. As far as I know, you put the camera directly in the tube were your eyepiece usually is mounted. Remove this eyepiece previously. I am not an astronomer, thus I do not know all the correct works. You may also ask your astronomy dealer, he should know much more about this.