PDA

View Full Version : 4 cams at once

TMs
July 27, 2010, 13:53:34
Hello,

i have a new problem...I work in a LV 8.5 and i have four cameras that i would like to see in front panel... everything works ok if there are 3 or less, but when i add the 4th camera it crushes...

Is there maybe a limitation on how many cams can you run at the same time?
Does anybody have a solution to this problem :)

With best regards

TM

Stefan Geissler
July 27, 2010, 15:11:10
Depending on video format and frame rate and camera type, you can run as much cameras as fit into the bandwidth of the bus. If using one FireWire controller, then it is limited to four cameras, because the FireWire controller uses up to four DMA channels only.

Unfortunately I do not know, which camera models you use, thus I suggest to reduce the frame rates of each camera.

TMs
July 28, 2010, 07:08:35
I am using USB DFK 51AUC03 cams... what would be the highest frame rate and resolution that it would still work?

Stefan Geissler
July 28, 2010, 08:18:34
I suggest to use IC Capture and figure out a good working combination of framerates for your camera. If IC Imaigng Control "crashes", I suppose LabVIEW crashes too. Or is it only an error message, telling you, that a camera could not have been started? (Which is of course no "crash", but a valid error message.)

I am very sorry, but I can not say much to the bandwidth allocation of the DFK 51AUC03, but I am sure, it is a lot.