PDA

View Full Version : grabing image and displaying it live

TMs
July 23, 2010, 10:55:57
Hey guys,

well i have a problem and hope that you can help me out. I am working in LabView 8.5 and what i want to do is get image from usbcam DFK 51AUC03, and display it front panel with a crosshair on. I also want to open external window with a click on a display that's on front panel, which will display original size picture in live mode.

The first problem i am facing is that IC_grab_image doesn't delete the image and i run out of memory so i have to reset it every 50 frames so the buffer doesn't get to full. This works quite fine but i don't like the blinking every time it resets. . Is there any possibilty to make crosshair already on ICImagingControl window on front panel so i don't need to use the IC_grab_image?

Second problem is with my external window - i can open it and display image live, but with my VI solution i can close it only if i press the same button for the external window again. Does anybody knows how to display a live video in new window, that can be closed by pressing the red cross close icon on new window?

I am attaching you my VI and hopefully somebody will know how to solve my problem...

Stefan Geissler
July 26, 2010, 10:53:23
Hello,

You can use the Overlaybitmap property of IC Imaging Control for displaying a crosshair. Please refer to http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/documentation/activex/OverlayBitmap.htm

I am very sorry, but I am not a LabVIEW expert, thus you must implement this on your own.